Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 71 Louisville 69

Featured Replies

I keep thinking about that moment in the final minutes when Zion fell over trying to get a rebound, then Christen Cunningham slipped in that sweat spot and lost the ball, which fell right into Tre Jones’ hands under the basket for the easiest two points he’ll ever score.

 

Just a stunning turn of events.

 

I believe it’s time for us to consider that while we thought we might have paid a penance already for our hubris during the “Year of the Cardinal”, the gods may not be done with us quite yet.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep thinking about that moment in the final minutes when Zion fell over trying to get a rebound, then Christen Cunningham slipped in that sweat spot and lost the ball, which fell right into Tre Jones’ hands under the basket for the easiest two points he’ll ever score.

 

Just a stunning turn of events.

 

I believe it’s time for us to consider that while we thought we might have paid a penance already for our hubris during the “Year of the Cardinal”, the gods may not be done with us quite yet.

 

After last night, hopefully they are now.

Mack was so close to making UL the talk of the state for a week.

I keep thinking about that moment in the final minutes when Zion fell over trying to get a rebound, then Christen Cunningham slipped in that sweat spot and lost the ball, which fell right into Tre Jones’ hands under the basket for the easiest two points he’ll ever score.

 

Just a stunning turn of events.

 

I believe it’s time for us to consider that while we thought we might have paid a penance already for our hubris during the “Year of the Cardinal”, the gods may not be done with us quite yet.

 

Absolutely the final straw that broke the back.

 

Very tough to watch that last 10 minutes.

Obviously Louisville fans aren’t happy with tonight’s loss, including myself. Regardless of how bad they played against the press, Duke deserves A LOT of credit. Coming back from a defect like that anywhere, especially on the road says a lot about a team and they are young. Duke proved that they are better than anyone tonight, which I already thought prior to tonight.

 

It's almost like that game makes them seem even more dangerous than when they blew out the Cats. Those guys will have confidence that no matter what, they will come back. That mentality probably does wonders full a team of younger players.

The last 10 minutes were just a sense of helplessness. I can't recall a Power 5 team having so much trouble against a press. It was as if UL had not practiced a press offense. You could easily see the disparity in talent, though. All in all, two very tough consecutive losses against very good teams (FSU in Tallahassee in OT). The Cardinals have to hope this gauntlet of a schedule ends soon.

Nine turnovers in the last ten minutes and many went for easy baskets. That's unbelievable.

It's almost like that game makes them seem even more dangerous than when they blew out the Cats. Those guys will have confidence that no matter what, they will come back. That mentality probably does wonders full a team of younger players.

 

Of course it could also be "fools gold" in a one and done Tourney. They figure they can turn it on when they want but play a team that refuses to stare into the "Dead Lights" of the monster. :thumb:

Nine turnovers in the last ten minutes and many went for easy baskets. That's unbelievable.

It was an unusual way to win in comeback fashion. You don't normally see teams score 25+ points in under five minutes just because of turnovers... but Duke accomplished it.

Question for those in the know.

 

That was the first time I saw the refs go to the monitor to determine if the defender was on the foul-arc line or not to determine block or charge.

 

Has anybody else seen that done and is that available at every time in the game?

Question for those in the know.

 

That was the first time I saw the refs go to the monitor to determine if the defender was on the foul-arc line or not to determine block or charge.

 

Has anybody else seen that done and is that available at every time in the game?

 

Think there was a discrepancy. One ref said block, one said charge.

Think there was a discrepancy. One ref said block, one said charge.

 

I could see that. That's a professional way to handle it. Of course one hopes all other officials will be willing to work out a discrepancy like that.

Question for those in the know.

 

That was the first time I saw the refs go to the monitor to determine if the defender was on the foul-arc line or not to determine block or charge.

 

Has anybody else seen that done and is that available at every time in the game?

 

I've definitely seen it reviewed, but I won't pretend to know when they are "allowed" to review it.

I've definitely seen it reviewed, but I won't pretend to know when they are "allowed" to review it.

 

You watch a lot more than I am certain. It's just a new one for my to see. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.