AP Top 25 NCAA Men's Basketball Poll (1-28)

oldrambler

Us UK fans should root for Duke to beat Virginia again, and win the ACC. That would lock Duke in as the 1 seed in the East. UK with their tough remaining schedule, including 2 and possibly even 3 games against Tennessee. Has a chance to get a 1 seed, but most likely will also need to pass Virginia up to be the 1 seed in the South. Which the South regional is in Louisville this year. So that would be huge for UK to be able to play in Louisville for possible sweet 16 and elite 8 games.

Us UK fans should root for Duke to beat Virginia again, and win the ACC. That would lock Duke in as the 1 seed in the East. UK with their tough remaining schedule, including 2 and possibly even 3 games against Tennessee. Has a chance to get a 1 seed, but most likely will also need to pass Virginia up to be the 1 seed in the South. Which the South regional is in Louisville this year. So that would be huge for UK to be able to play in Louisville for possible sweet 16 and elite 8 games.

UK is not getting a 1 seed. In the unlikely chance they do, they would be behind Virginia and Duke, meaning they aren't playing in the East or the South.

UK is not getting a 1 seed. In the unlikely chance they do, they would be behind Virginia and Duke, meaning they aren't playing in the East or the South.

Hence why I said UK fans should root for Duke. UK needs Duke to beat Virginia again and also for Virginia to slip up another time or two. As for UK getting a 1 seed, UK definitely can get a 1 seed. UK's schedule gives them a great chance to work up to a 1 seed depending how they do. Currently one of the teams who would be a one seed is Tennessee, and UK has 2 or 3 chances against Tennessee to prove they should be a 1 seed over them.

So UK getting a 1 seed definitely is possible. However, as I mentioned they would need Virginia to slip up some, because that is the only way they could get a 1 seed in the South. Duke will be the 1 seed in the East as long as they take care of Virginia again.

IMO three of the one seeds are basically set. Duke, Virginia, and Gonzaga out west. UK needs to find away to get higher up on the 1 seed line. So they end up as the South 1 seed, and Virginia Midwest.

I mean, it's probably not going to happen, but Kentucky should be favored to win all of their remaining games, outside of the game @ Tennessee in a month.

They do that, they're absolutely a potential 1 seed.

Hence why I said UK fans should root for Duke. UK needs Duke to beat Virginia again and also for Virginia to slip up another time or two. As for UK getting a 1 seed, UK definitely can get a 1 seed. UK's schedule gives them a great chance to work up to a 1 seed depending how they do. Currently one of the teams who would be a one seed is Tennessee, and UK has 2 or 3 chances against Tennessee to prove they should be a 1 seed over them.

So UK getting a 1 seed definitely is possible. However, as I mentioned they would need Virginia to slip up some, because that is the only way they could get a 1 seed in the South. Duke will be the 1 seed in the East as long as they take care of Virginia again.

IMO three of the one seeds are basically set. Duke, Virginia, and Gonzaga out west. UK needs to find away to get higher up on the 1 seed line. So they end up as the South 1 seed, and Virginia Midwest.

It's much more likely that UK gets a two seed. Seems like it would be easier to cross your fingers that you're the two seed in Duke or UVA's region rather than the long shot of them being a one seed. They'll have to beat UT three times to even have a chance at a one. Then they'll still need Michigan State, Michigan, and Gonzaga to stumble, not just Duke/UVA.

I mean, it's probably not going to happen, but Kentucky should be favored to win all of their remaining games, outside of the game @ Tennessee in a month.

They do that, they're absolutely a 1 seed.

They're not getting a one seed by splitting with UT. They'll have to beat them three times, IMO.

Then they still need help from the seven teams currently ahead of them in the polls.

It's much more likely that UK gets a two seed. Seems like it would be easier to cross your fingers that you're the two seed in Duke or UVA's region rather than the long shot of them being a one seed. They'll have to beat UT three times to even have a chance at a one. Then they'll still need Michigan State, Michigan, and Gonzaga to stumble, not just Duke/UVA.

But won't Michigan/Michigan State take care of itself since one of them will beat the other? And I don't know that Virginia keeps a 1 seed if they lose to Duke and again in the ACC tourney. I don't think UK wins out with only a loss to Tennessee in one of 3 potential match ups either though so there's that.

They're not getting a one seed by splitting with UT. They'll have to beat them three times, IMO.

Then they still need help from the seven teams currently ahead of them in the polls.

There's only 6 teams ahead of them in the polls FWIW.

They're ahead of Gonzaga and Nevada seed-wise, regardless of where the polls rank them.

The ACC and B1G aren't both getting 2 one seeds. That'll leave the last #1 for the SEC team with the better resume between Kentucky & Tennessee.

This is all assuming none of these 6 teams completely crap themselves the last month and a half.

There's only 6 teams ahead of them in the polls FWIW.

They're ahead of Gonzaga and Nevada seed-wise, regardless of where the polls rank them.

The ACC and B1G aren't both getting 2 one seeds. That'll leave the last #1 for the SEC team with the better resume between Kentucky & Tennessee.

This is all assuming none of these 6 teams completely crap themselves the last month and a half.

We'll see. If UK doesn't beat UT three times, it's really a moot point. They won't get a one without doing that.

But, let's say they do get a one seed... They aren't going to jump Duke and UVA, barring an epic collapse from those teams. So, they still won't be playing in Louisville.

IMO, they are much more likely to play in Louisville as a two seed than a one.

We'll see. If UK doesn't beat UT three times, it's really a moot point. They won't get a one without doing that.

But, let's say they do get a one seed... They aren't going to jump Duke and UVA, barring an epic collapse from those teams. So, they still won't be playing in Louisville.

IMO, they are much more likely to play in Louisville as a two seed than a one.

If they lose to Duke again, I don't think Virginia is going to get a 1 seed.

If I had to guess as to how it plays out, I think Duke, the B1G winner, the SEC winner, and Gonzaga end up as the 4 #1s when it's all said and done.

I don't think 1 loss to Tennessee automatically eliminates Kentucky though. Curious why you think that?

The weakest resume, to date, for a 1 seed among the 6 teams is Tennessee IMO.

Weakest resume for sure. I think they also happen to be the second best team in the country behind Duke. It’s the same thing as football. Your constantly weighing resumes vs what your eyes tell you.