I need immediate feedback!!! Air fryer!!!

PP1

Well thanks guys. 26 views and no feedback. This better be worth 90 dollars.

That’s what you get for waiting for the last minute to go Christmas shopping!:down:

We bought one a few years back. Ok if you are cooking for two, but I think they have improved since we got ours.

If you are going to cook fries, keep an eye on them. Most bags will have instructions for 425, my fryer only goes up to 400 but they seem to cook much quicker than the instructions suggest even at lower temp for the same time as the instructions suggest.

We've had the 6 Qt NuWave for a year now and we love it. We like home made chicken fingers and we even threw a ribeye steak in just to see and it was still moist and delicious. I was shocked. Sausage balls are also great too! We use it about 3 times a week.

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

We were given an air fryer yesterday...brand new in the box and everything. I've never tried one before, but I'm intrigued.

Aside from frozen fries and nuggets and stuff like that, what do folks on here use them to make?

Anyone have any recipes?

Wife does most of the cooking, but we use it often when cooking at home.  Off the top of my head:

Turkey Burgers, Steaks, Pork Chops, garlic potatoes, green beans, asparagus, wings.  There's a lot of stuff I'm forgetting but that's off the top of my head.  Use Google and Youtube and you'll find a tone of into out there.   Was definitely a game changer for our house.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

We were given an air fryer yesterday...brand new in the box and everything. I've never tried one before, but I'm intrigued.

Aside from frozen fries and nuggets and stuff like that, what do folks on here use them to make?

Anyone have any recipes?

We mostly use ours for things like French fries, tater tots, warming up pizza etc. basically, we use it like a microwave.

• Like 1

We use ours probably 4-5 days a week. Keep in mind what an air fryer really is… a convection oven, so make sure have items aligned so that they can get some air flow.

I don’t recommend thicker cuts of meat.  

What I’ve found is great in the air fryer is fresh veggies. Mushrooms, broccoli, etc. are great. A random item which is good is reheated pizza.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bugatti said:

We use ours probably 4-5 days a week. Keep in mind what an air fryer really is… a convection oven, so make sure have items aligned so that they can get some air flow.

I don’t recommend thicker cuts of meat.  

What I’ve found is great in the air fryer is fresh veggies. Mushrooms, broccoli, etc. are great. A random item which is good is reheated pizza.

We use ours a lot for roasted broccoli or brussel sprouts.

• Like 1

My wife and I use ours a minimum of 4-5 times a week; everything from homemade pizza, wings, veggies, meatballs, chicken, burgers; you can pretty much cook anything in it. We had a smaller one by Oyster that we loved but wanted a bigger one to cook multiple items at once. We went with the one in the picture attached and love it. Fortunately, we have a lot of counter space because it is pretty big. If you plan to put it away each time after you use it, you may want to go with a smaller one. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.01.15 AM.png