BGP Final Poll

just 4 fun

Just looked at the final BGP rankings that came out after week 10....

In 1a - Only 1 team(Cov Holy Cross) is out of the playoffs..

In 2a - 3 teams(SClark,Ft Campbell,Breathitt) are all out of the playoffs..

In 3a - Only 1 team(EJessamine) is out of the playoffs..

In 4a - 4 teams(Lafayette,Scott Co,Christian Co,Manual) are out..

Cov Holy Cross and E.Jessamine were both knocked out by other ranked teams..

In 2a, all 3 were knocked out by unranked teams and in 4a, only Scott Co and Manual were knocked out by ranked teams...

How would you grade these final polls:

To me, it would be:

1a - A

2a - C

3a - A-

4a - B

I don't know why, but, 1a and 3a always seem to play out the way it should and 2a is always filled with upsets while 4a is always the BIG 3 but theres alot of parity and upsets outside of those 3...

By the way, the reason 3a got an A- and 1a an A, is because Franklin was ranked lower than E.Jessamine when it beat them and NCC was ranked above CHC when they beat them ..

True, but two of the three teams that lost did so to higher ranked 2A teams. Fort Campbell was the only exception, losing to a Trigg team that had been ranked earlier in the season. For example, In 4A, only two of the four lost to higher ranked teams.

No...Prestonsburg, Leslie and Trigg were not ranked...SClark did get beat by a higher seeded PBurg team though...

Those are pretty good grades. On a side note, year in and year out 2A is very difficult to get "right."

If you want to know about 2A, the smart money is on me. I've been right the last 5 years.;)

Not to brag or anything.:D