November 7, 20187 yr Anyone can. Probably drop 4-5 games, off nights are gonna happen. Tonight just showcased their talent. I don't think so. Those three guys can get to the rim any time they want. They aren't relying on jump shots. Injury or a freak night of foul trouble for two of the three are the only hope any other team has.
November 7, 20187 yr He’s not taken 1 shot this half like the first, it’s really obvious FC. Ridiculous. Just stop. @16thbballfan @voiceofreason I assume you all probably recorded the game too like I do. So if you did, I took the liberty to go back and find the exact time in the game of the shots Herro took. Voice of reason you talk about perception not always being reality with what people think of free throw shooting. Well that is the case of you all here in the Herro taking all bad shots in the first half. I will admit after going back, his last 2 shots of the half were very bad forced shots. Which gave you all the perception that every shot he took was bad, but much like missed free throws that wasn't the case. Please go back and look in the 1st half at the 17:33 mark, 16:10, 13:06, 4:51, 2:22. All five of those shots were dead on the same types of shots he took all the time in the Bahamas. They were also very similar to the shots you all said were good shots in the second half. The only difference was he missed them in the first half. So if you recorded and you all are so sure you all are right, please take a look and tell me how those shots were any different than the shots we have seen him take and make from the Bahamas till now? He was square and had room, just missed them. In the second half the same type of shots but he just happened to make them. Now the shot at the 1:28 mark and with 54 seconds left were horrible. He took a total of 7 shots. He was fouled on two of them, which were good shots. He missed 3 other good shots, that I think most would take all day from him. The only shots that were bad were the last two in the first half.
November 7, 20187 yr Only one question to be asked after that - can anyone beat Duke? Carolina will split.
November 7, 20187 yr The only thing left to do now is plan my diabolical, bloody assassinations of PP92 & GrizzlyAdams. :thumb::lol2: I wouldn't get that drastic. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is "that team"… I guess :sssh:.
November 7, 20187 yr I expected Duke to win but obviously not like they did. Yes, Duke is that good. This was a complete beatdown. Our guys looked like a deer in the headlights in this one. Starting the game, U.K. rushed shots instead of working the ball around more to find the better shot opportunity. U.K. allowed Duke to push them around at every spot on the floor. Two telling stats that scream out at me are U.K. 1 steal, Duke 10 steals / U.K. had 15 turnovers to only 4 by Duke. The Cats defense was non existent ! Duke went where they wanted, when they wanted. I believe that this U.K. team is going to be good but tonight was an awakening. U.K.'s out of conference schedule is as tough as there is in the country, it's loaded with great teams. Then comes the now very tough SEC schedule which is going to be a very tough road. Edited November 7, 20187 yr by oldrambler
November 7, 20187 yr Only one question to be asked after that - can anyone beat Duke? Yes, including UK. No one showed up for UK minus Travis. I'm hoping this lit a fire under them but only time will tell.
November 7, 20187 yr Anyone can. Probably drop 4-5 games, off nights are gonna happen. Tonight just showcased their talent. Agreed. Simply put. DUKE showed out. UK barely showed up. I don't want to be that crazy UK fan, but I'd rather have it now than the Elite 8 or Final 4.
November 7, 20187 yr 15 turnovers to 4 and 46% from 3 - 12 made- for the other team spell a loss against most any team. Even Duke.
November 7, 20187 yr I cannot believe I’m alone in this thinking. Why is Quade even getting on the floor? He is a horrible passer and couldn’t make a shot to save his life. To me he tried to hard to prove he should be a major player versus a guy that’s supposed to run the offense. Also, how hard is it to figure out the only way to get open looks outside is to establish and inside game? Reid Travis was a force down low and he didn’t get a look for almost the first 5 minutes. PJ didn’t even post up. Toss it down low get the bigs in foul trouble and open up the floor. To many “shooters” trying to impress on the big stage instead of playing smart. Duke would’ve won any way with the way our defense played, but it couldv been more respectable.
November 7, 20187 yr I know you know it all guys will say it has nothing to do with it, but when I saw the duke players standing in the hallway poised and quiet vs the uk players dancing around, it struck me as focused vs not focused.
November 7, 20187 yr For everything that I watched, and it was ugly, I'm reminded that today is November 7th. If you're making any disastrous predictions for this Kentucky team based on one game against the team with the three best players in basketball then you're probably getting a little ahead of yourself.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.