Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 118 Kentucky 84

Featured Replies

I know you know it all guys will say it has nothing to do with it, but when I saw the duke players standing in the hallway poised and quiet vs the uk players dancing around, it struck me as focused vs not focused.

 

That is good coaching.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest difference is Duke played defense and forced turnovers all from good coaching.

Biggest difference is Duke played defense and forced turnovers all from good coaching.

 

I'm beginning to think you may not be a big fan of John Calipari. The undertones are subtle, but I'm starting to connect the dots.

 

I thought Duke would win (although the voting in UK polls on this site continues to make me chuckle), but I didn't think it would be quite so overwhelming. UK will be fine in the long run, and no one would be shocked to see these teams play again in March with slightly more at stake.

 

If this Duke team, minus a catastrophic injury, loses 5 games, I will eat my hat.

Carolina will split.

 

Watching Luke Maye try and guard anyone is gonna be a show. I can't wait.

I appreciate the beat down so I don't have to listen to the absurd UK fans who would have argued all year that UK is better than Duke.

 

Yeah, but now you're going to have to listen to the other absurd fraction of UK fans that will be calling for Cal to be fired.

We need to quickly learn that a 3 pointer off a one dribble pull-up isn't a high percentage shot unless you're Steph Curry. I felt Herro forced things a little too much, he needs to just let the game come to him.

 

I defended Green a lot last year, but he just doesn't belong in that game last night.

 

What happened to Sophomore Nick Richards?

 

I'd imagine Calipari already has his "Do you guys want to do things your way and have this result, or do things my way?" game.

 

While the game was frustrating to watch, it's November 7th. I'm not concerned at this time. The Cats have a lot of room for growth and five months to do it. Cool Runnings...Peace be the journey.

On the Duke side....goodness.

 

Scary that Zion Williamson is the 3rd best player on that team. And what happened to the concern that all three of those guys played the same position? That was funny.

 

Tre Jones looks dead on his brother to me.

 

Seems like Duke has a few nice pieces to go around their 3 Monstars.

Felt bad for EJ Montgomery last night. He played hard, got some nice offensive boards, but Zion put him on skates.

  • Author
@16thbballfan @voiceofreason

 

I assume you all probably recorded the game too like I do. So if you did, I took the liberty to go back and find the exact time in the game of the shots Herro took.

 

Voice of reason you talk about perception not always being reality with what people think of free throw shooting. Well that is the case of you all here in the Herro taking all bad shots in the first half. I will admit after going back, his last 2 shots of the half were very bad forced shots. Which gave you all the perception that every shot he took was bad, but much like missed free throws that wasn't the case.

 

Please go back and look in the 1st half at the 17:33 mark, 16:10, 13:06, 4:51, 2:22. All five of those shots were dead on the same types of shots he took all the time in the Bahamas. They were also very similar to the shots you all said were good shots in the second half. The only difference was he missed them in the first half. So if you recorded and you all are so sure you all are right, please take a look and tell me how those shots were any different than the shots we have seen him take and make from the Bahamas till now? He was square and had room, just missed them. In the second half the same type of shots but he just happened to make them.

 

Now the shot at the 1:28 mark and with 54 seconds left were horrible. He took a total of 7 shots. He was fouled on two of them, which were good shots. He missed 3 other good shots, that I think most would take all day from him. The only shots that were bad were the last two in the first half.

 

Didn’t say ALL his shots first half were bad, said he took 4-5 which he did, as Voice said, just stop. Bad shots are bad shots whether they go in or not, good shots are good shots whether they go in or not, it’s not complicated.

The only thing left to do now is plan my diabolical, bloody assassinations of PP92 & GrizzlyAdams.

 

Having slept on this, I've changed my mind. Shooting for slow, painful, agonizing deaths now.

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. :lol2:

 

Yikes. That's flat out embarrassing losing by 34 points. Is Duke that other-worldly or is Kentucky just that bad?

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. :lol2:

 

Yikes. That's flat out embarrassing losing by 34 points. Is Duke that other-worldly or is Kentucky just that bad?

 

Duke looked like Alpha Dogs. UK looked like timid puppies that need to grow.

 

Trying to find optimism that Duke is basically at their ceiling, whereas UK will have plenty of room to improve and/or grow.

Duke played and shot the ball very well U.K. was sloppy and didn’t. Duke is clearly the better team overall at this point. If they play anywhere close to that no one is beating them. The big 3 for Duke are as advertised and then some. Very impressive.

Edited by HammerTime

Watching Luke Maye try and guard anyone is gonna be a show. I can't wait.

 

I agree with that lol it will be pure comedy. However, you know how those games go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.