Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 118 Kentucky 84

Featured Replies

UK is overrated big time!

 

Very insightful as usual.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching Luke Maye try and guard anyone is gonna be a show. I can't wait.

 

That will be comical.

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. :lol2:

 

Yikes. That's flat out embarrassing losing by 34 points. Is Duke that other-worldly or is Kentucky just that bad?

 

You should have stayed up. It was a show. I am a UK fan and those Duke players are so good it was worth watching the beat down. Duke will be must watch this year.

 

The game was a good bit of both. Duke has three players that are probably going to battle each other all year long for who will be the #1 pick. Zion Williamson is the closest player athletically to LeBron I have seen. A dude that big just cannot be that fast and that athletic, and he is skilled too. One highlight in the game shows it all. He not only jumps and blocks a shot under the basket, he actually takes the ball right out of the UK player's hand while in the air. Then Zion takes off dribbling the ball up court and threads a bounce pass from the wing on the run between two UK defenders to a Duke player for a fast break layup. Just watch that play and you will know all you need to know about him.

 

On the UK side, it looked like summer league AAU. Everyone trying too hard to show their stuff. They rushed up 3 pointers off one pass; bad turnovers; could not keep anyone in front of them on defense; etc. Travis played well for UK and Johnson battled hard but the rest of it was a mess.

 

This UK team will look much, much better in January after Cal coaches them up. They have a lot of talent. End of the year, I think UK might be able to keep a rematch with Duke within double digits barely - if they play well. And UK very well might be the #2 team in the nation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67426[/ATTACH]

 

Does it seem like Barrett forces some bad shots. Zion was like 11-13. He needs more shots I think. I'll take it overall though.

Kentucky got out athlete'ed by better basketball players.

 

Most of the time, Kentucky out athletes better or equal basketball players.

If Duke's role players continue to play the way they did they are going to be hard to beat. The big 3 will get theirs. Tre Jones played a great game. He did exactly what he is supposed to do in controlling the offense and not turning the ball over. Ended with 7 assists and zero turnovers I believe. Jack White hustled all night and ended up with 10+ boards. Bolden defended and rebounded well enough. Alex O'Connell knocked down some big threes. I was also surprised how well Duke played on D. The last few years they have had to play quite a bit of zone as their man defense was terrible. Granted this was the first game and UK just didn't looked polished whatsoever. UK will be fine in the long run as they always are. UK didn't play a great game and Duke played extremely well overall.

 

Foul trouble and injuries (obviously) will be the only thing that holds this Duke team back, especially if the role players continue to step up.

You should have stayed up.

 

I get zero entertainment from watching my team get boat-raced. Glad I went to bed.

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. :lol2:

 

Yikes. That's flat out embarrassing losing by 34 points. Is Duke that other-worldly or is Kentucky just that bad?

 

Duke is very good, at least offensively. I thought Duke's effort was good defensively, but they have a long ways to go at that end of the court as they tend to play too much defense with their hands and foul way more than they need to.

 

UK looked totally lost on defense and didn't really put out a lot of effort trying to play it. Offensively, they just kind of played playground ball for the most part.

 

There's a good reason the Cats struggled in their exhibition games, they just are not very good right now.

I get zero entertainment from watching my team get boat-raced. Glad I went to bed.

I hear you. I didn't get in last night from work until almost 11:30, so it could not have worked out better for me. I have it recorded, but not sure I will be re-watching that disaster anytime soon. I get that enough watching my NBA team.

I get zero entertainment from watching my team get boat-raced. Glad I went to bed.

 

I get that. But there were at least a half dozen plays that were so ridiculously good they were worth the watch for me.

 

To your point though, there were many, many plays by UK players that were so stupid and frustrating it made me want to yell at the TV.

I get zero entertainment from watching my team get boat-raced. Glad I went to bed.

I get that and normally I would have clicked this one off 2 mins in the second half...but Dukes big 3 keep me watching.

 

Personally I think Barrett isn't getting enough praise if that's possible. All anyone can talk about is Zion and Barrett is just so freaking good. So smooth and got to the rim at will. Even when double teamed he just seemed to squeeze through cracks and hit tough shots.

Does it seem like Barrett forces some bad shots. Zion was like 11-13. He needs more shots I think. I'll take it overall though.

 

That’s the thing with RJ though. He can score from anywhere and he will be a volume scorer. There will come a time when he is on fire and he could score 40-50 points easily.

 

It blew my mind how good Cam was.

 

Definitely agree on Zion getting more shots.

 

It’s wild having three guys built like that who can score whenever they want to. It’s just crazy.

 

They all are NBA ready right now.

I get zero entertainment from watching my team get boat-raced. Glad I went to bed.

 

You should watch Duke play when you get a chance. You will be entertained.

I know it is one game but I haven’t seen a top 3 team get dominated like that since the early 90s when UNLV was destroying everyone in sight.

I know it is one game but I haven’t seen a top 3 team get dominated like that since the early 90s when UNLV was destroying everyone in sight.

 

How did it compare to what the Booker/KAT team did to KU a few years ago in the Champions Classic?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.