Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which one will get more viewers in Kentucky.....

Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky? 115 members have voted

  1. 1. Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky?

    • WVU vs UL
      60%
      70
    • Kentucky vs Lindsey Wilson exhibition
      39%
      45

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

FOOTBALL GAME GO CARDS !

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
China has more people, but it doesn't mean it is a better country.

 

You can't claim to be a college football fan and not attempt to watch this game.

 

 

I will probably focus on the UK scrimmage, so you're saying I can't claim to be a college football fan as well? :confused:

I will probably focus on the UK scrimmage, so you're saying I can't claim to be a college football fan as well? :confused:
If your "focused" on the UK scrimmage, I would assume that means your also following the WVU UofL game. I can appreciate that. If UK were playing Duke in BB and UofL was plaing UConn in football, I'd be flipping channels too.

But to not attempt to see any of the game, would mean your the fan of a team and not college football as a whole. This game is the biggest football game in KY.

It is true the national anticipation may be bigger throught the nation than it is in the state (outside Jefferson County), but that is a reflection on the state's anti-Louisville bias and the lack of football interest, not a reflection to proud of in my opinion.

I find it kind of sad that some are being critical of a UK fan who would rather watch their basketball team in a scrimmage than watch UL play football. And please understand, to many, all it is is a UL football game. Regardless of how big it is in the world of college football, it is just a football game to them (and a UL game at that).

 

Not everyone is a college football fan, but more importantly, for a lot of UK fans, nothing short of the apocolypse could pry them away from watching UK basketball. Even a scrimmage game. It is an obsession for some that others usually just don't understand.

 

I will likely watch the football game and catch glimpses of the basketball game here and there. But I know that I may be the minority among my UK brethren and I understand that.

 

So ridicule them if you must, but don't expect anything to change. I'm proud to be associated with that aspect of our fanbase. They truly bleed blue and they are as invested in UK basketball as any fans in any sport at any level. And nothing is going to tear them away from the tube when the Cats are on.

 

I say "To Each His Own".

:thumb: :thumb:

I will be zapping back and forth.... local talent Jeff Vories from Highlands is on the Lindsey Wilson squad so I will be tuning in.

 

Here's a question...would basketball be "king" in this state if Kentucky had a powerhouse football team? :sssh:

My answer to that is Yes! "U.K. Widcat basketball " always has and always will be "King" in this state. That is just the way it is imo. If a fan wants to watch U.L./WVU that is fine with me, no sense in arguing the fact. Cats are on live at 7pm and the WVU/UL game will start at probably around 7:35. This gives the b.b. game a head start and it should be over long before the football game. I personally will be watching UK and tuning to the football game during commercials and after the Cats b.b. game. I also believe that the football game will be replayed during the early morning hours on espn and I will be taping it and watching WVU slam the Cards into the ground :D tommorrow. Go Cats, Go Moutaineers!!!. (just having some fun with the UL fans). What it all comes down to is to watch whichever game that you choose and there is no use arguing about it.

If your "focused" on the UK scrimmage, I would assume that means your also following the WVU UofL game. I can appreciate that. If UK were playing Duke in BB and UofL was plaing UConn in football, I'd be flipping channels too.

But to not attempt to see any of the game, would mean your the fan of a team and not college football as a whole. This game is the biggest football game in KY.

It is true the national anticipation may be bigger throught the nation than it is in the state (outside Jefferson County), but that is a reflection on the state's anti-Louisville bias and the lack of football interest, not a reflection to proud of in my opinion.

 

I was with you until this paragraph. I think a lot of people just care a lot more about UK basketball than a big college football game. I dont know why it bothers you that for most Kentucky people, the UL game isnt as relevent when compared to a UK exhibition game.

I believe most UK fans will watch the exhibition and then watch most of the 2nd half of the UL/WV game.

Im a true football fan, but I would watch the UK game over this game too if its on at the same time...However during commercials I will flip over to see who is winning the football game....:D

 

 

Exactly. UK basketball comes first in my book. But the Cards have impressed me; not only with their season but with their ability to overcome the injuries to major stars and keep on rolling. How many teams could have lost key players and have done that? That, to me, is an impressive statistic. So I will watch UK, and flip over and watch the Cards during commercials.

I love Kentucky basketball. But I love to see Louisville get beat!

I love Kentucky basketball. But I love to see Louisville get beat!

 

So you wont be watching tonight then? :cool:

I dont know why it bothers you that for most Kentucky people, the UL game isnt as relevent when compared to a UK exhibition game.

Bother me? Not really.

 

Truth is that due to thier emergance and national prominace the University of Louisville has the opprituity to expose the nation to the quality of football that can be produced in and from this state. Not only do some dismiss the quality of football being played by the university but they actively discourage the rest of the state to enjoy and appreciate what has gone on in Louisville over the past decade. Louisville still has steps to go, however thier emergance is absolutly astonishing and remarkable.

 

I'm not bothered that most people like UK basketball more than UofL football (again China has more people, it don't make it better), but the implication is that UofL football is meaningless in the state (which is what the question insinuates) is insulting and baiting. If your missing out on UofL football, your not bothering me, your simply missing out.

So you wont be watching tonight then? :cool:

Good one. I was just kidding with my my Louisville friends. This will be a good game to watch. Thank God for picture-n-picture.

the implication is that UofL football is meaningless in the state (which is what the question insinuates) is insulting and baiting.

 

Give me a break.

 

More Kentuckians are UK fans than UL fans, so it stands to reason that more of them are going to care about UK basketball than UL football. Glean from it whatever you will, it's just a result of the numbers advantage.

 

I guess you find what you are looking for in life, and you have to be really looking hard to infer the question asked is insulting or meant to degrade UL football as meaningless. IMO, the fact that the poll is leaning the way it is, even in the face of the numbers advantage, is testament that it was a legit question.

 

The "everybody hates us" paranoia coming from the 'ville is old and stale.

ESPN is expecting it to be the most viewed Thursday night game in their history with over 6.5 million viewers...

 

I guess you find what you are looking for in life, and you have to be really looking hard to infer the question asked is insulting or meant to degrade UL football as meaningless.

I think I've done a poor job representing my interest and concern over the issue. I don't care that much, nor am I insulted, but I did read the question as an attempt to reveal that the most important college football game in the state of KY, is less important than a UK scrimmage.

 

A more approriate term than "insulting and baiting" should have been used to express that I thought the question had negative overtone, yet not that I was actually insulted.

 

To be honest now that I look at the question again, I'm not sure the negative connotations of the question aren't directed at the famous "18%" more so than to expose the lack of interest in Louisville football.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.