Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which one will get more viewers in Kentucky.....

Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky? 115 members have voted

  1. 1. Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky?

    • WVU vs UL
      60%
      70
    • Kentucky vs Lindsey Wilson exhibition
      39%
      45

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know if I fully agree....I have said numerous times I can't stand UK basketball fans, other than myself of course, however I think it really comes down to the whole 18% thing.

 

 

The fact is every single team in the country has those same type of fans, and more or less the same percentage of those types of fans. It shouldn't be held against UK that they just have more fans than everyone else, should it?

 

 

I do sorta agree with the whole percentage thing, it's not that the fan base as a whole is so rough, it's the fact that the numbers are skewed,... We'll call it "funny math":D

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're a college hoops fan, you're going to see one of the main teams time and time again, and you're going to tell me you'll never know the names of the players, who are some of the best in the college ranks?

 

 

Ummm yeh, not everyone has ESPN, or the internet at their side at all times. And if you really only love one team but do love college b-ball, you're not likely to find people that know the names you listed above.

 

Also the Paul Davis you speak of that's from a quality team(below the radar I suppose), is that the same one that had a "come back win" to beat Grand Valley State Wednesday or the one that's not ranked in most top 25 AP polls. Yeh, what kind of b-ball fans wouldn't know a house hold name like Paul Davis...:sssh:

Incorrect. I just told people they should look for more than what is being offered on commercial radio.

 

And my point still remains that a good many UK fans have no clue about the college hoops world outside their own team.

 

So that makes them bad fans????

 

And if you're answer is no, then why bring it up, what's the point in doing so?

You make this statement on how many UK fans that you know ? You know at most..50-100? 200? There are...thousands.

 

Did you for get to put a ten or hundred before your last word?

 

Good point though....

Let's see … 36 years on God's good Earth … I've lived in Bowling Green, Somerset, London, Pikeville, Covington, Florence, Lexington, LaGrange, Warsaw … I'm a reasonably outgoing person, and one who frequents sports bars and travels a lot for work … plus I've spent a lot of time in Richmond, Berea, Franklin, Frankfort, Shelbyville, Carrollton, Owenton, Dry Ridge, Williamstown, Hopkinsville, Newport, Ft. Thomas, Highland Heights and the rest of NoKy, Louisville, E-Town, Whitesburg, Hazard … plus I have visited all of Ky's 120 counties … yeah, thousands would be appropriate. Maybe even hundreds of thousands.

 

Consider me well-versed in the UK arts.

 

Yeh I hear sports bars is where you'll find the most intelligent fan's of any team in any state. Shoot they should do more scouting for solid commentators there, you know someones always got something to say about a team or player in that atmosphere....:D

Let's see … 36 years on God's good Earth … I've lived in Bowling Green, Somerset, London, Pikeville, Covington, Florence, Lexington, LaGrange, Warsaw … I'm a reasonably outgoing person, and one who frequents sports bars and travels a lot for work … plus I've spent a lot of time in Richmond, Berea, Franklin, Frankfort, Shelbyville, Carrollton, Owenton, Dry Ridge, Williamstown, Hopkinsville, Newport, Ft. Thomas, Highland Heights and the rest of NoKy, Louisville, E-Town, Whitesburg, Hazard … plus I have visited all of Ky's 120 counties … yeah, thousands would be appropriate. Maybe even hundreds of thousands.

 

Consider me well-versed in the UK arts.

 

And of course with each one you've met you were always fare and unbiased yourself correct, human nature never skewed YOUR point of view, just as it never did any of the people you've encountered.... Or did it...

Ummm yeh, not everyone has ESPN, or the internet at their side at all times. And if you really only love one team but do love college b-ball, you're not likely to find people that know the names you listed above.

 

Also the Paul Davis you speak of that's from a quality team(below the radar I suppose), is that the same one that had a "come back win" to beat Grand Valley State Wednesday or the one that's not ranked in most top 25 AP polls. Yeh, what kind of b-ball fans wouldn't know a house hold name like Paul Davis...:sssh:

 

Really now, is there what … 8 percent of the country who doesn't have cable or satellite? Bad argument.

 

Plus, I was talking about last year for the purposes of my fictional study. And Paul Davis was a POY candidate before last season. As far as legitimate college hoops fans, yes, a household name.

So that makes them bad fans????

 

And if you're answer is no, then why bring it up, what's the point in doing so?

 

Never said they were bad fans. They're great UK fans. Just not fans of anything outside of UK.

Yeh I hear sports bars is where you'll find the most intelligent fan's of any team in any state. Shoot they should do more scouting for solid commentators there, you know someones always got something to say about a team or player in that atmosphere....:D

 

I've been from one end of this state to the other, and you pick one part of my broad sample to make a weak point? Wow.

Really now, is there what … 8 percent of the country who doesn't have cable or satellite? Bad argument.

 

Plus, I was talking about last year for the purposes of my fictional study. And Paul Davis was a POY candidate before last season. As far as legitimate college hoops fans, yes, a household name.

 

Cable or satellite, and you're talking about UK fan's not the country as a whole, which last I checked KY is still a pretty rural state, bad argument. Shoot you get bad cell phone reception on alot of the expressways in NKY alone, so don't even try that one.

 

POY CANDIDATE(potentially) two years ago, WOW, so do you have to be a person that watches ESPN every night, and buys college hoops latest mags to be a "college hoops fan". Wowww

I've been from one end of this state to the other, and you pick one part of my broad sample to make a weak point? Wow.

 

Hey I didn't tell you what to include in your broad sample, you put that in their all by yourself, now seeing as how that's where you'll probably find some of the most out spoken, and most unedcucated(college hoops wise)UK fan's, I'd say that does factor in somewhere with what you stated above....

Cable or satellite, and you're talking about UK fan's not the country as a whole, which last I checked KY is still a pretty rural state, bad argument. Shoot you get bad cell phone reception on alot of the expressways in NKY alone, so don't even try that one.

 

I've found that Kentucky is pretty representative of the nation. Actually, given how passionate the entire state — a very rural state, you admit — is about UK hoops, I would bet even fewer than 8 percent is without cable or satellite. Gotta have a way to watch the Cats.

 

I've been on this board for three years, and I've talked to exactly ONE person who said they didn't have cable or satellite.

 

POY CANDIDATE(potentially) two years ago, WOW, so do you have to be a person that watches ESPN every night, and buys college hoops latest mags to be a "college hoops fan". Wowww

 

No, just reasonably observant.

Hey I didn't tell you what to include in your broad sample, you put that in their all by yourself, now seeing as how that's where you'll probably find some of the most out spoken, and most unedcucated(college hoops wise)UK fan's, I'd say that does factor in somewhere with what you stated above....

 

Point out where I said they were outspoken or uneducated.

 

I just said a good many don't care about college hoops beyond UK.

 

And are you really trying to tell me I haven't been all over the state? And are you also trying to tell me what types of people I've met? I didn't know I had a tag-along.

I've found that Kentucky is pretty representative of the nation. Actually, given how passionate the entire state — a very rural state, you admit — is about UK hoops, I would bet even fewer than 8 percent is without cable or satellite. Gotta have a way to watch the Cats.

 

I've been on this board for three years, and I've talked to exactly ONE person who said they didn't have cable or satellite.

 

 

 

No, just reasonably observant.

 

So that's a reasonable assesment, talking to people who pay to post on a forum, OVER THE INTERNET, and discussing those same folks and not having satellite or cable. Yeh sure makes sense to me..... Ummm no.

Point out where I said they were outspoken or uneducated.

 

I just said a good many don't care about college hoops beyond UK.

 

And are you really trying to tell me I haven't been all over the state? And are you also trying to tell me what types of people I've met? I didn't know I had a tag-along.

 

I said none of the above in your last two statements, but then again, I didn't know I was talking to a collegiate sports fan profiler before today, that could tell when people(UK fans)didn't care about college hoops outside of UK....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.