Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which one will get more viewers in Kentucky.....

Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky? 115 members have voted

  1. 1. Which one will get more viewers in the state of Kentucky?

    • WVU vs UL
      60%
      70
    • Kentucky vs Lindsey Wilson exhibition
      39%
      45

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I find it kind of sad that some are being critical of a UK fan who would rather watch their basketball team in a scrimmage than watch UL play football. And please understand, to many, all it is is a UL football game. Regardless of how big it is in the world of college football, it is just a football game to them (and a UL game at that).

 

Not everyone is a college football fan, but more importantly, for a lot of UK fans, nothing short of the apocolypse could pry them away from watching UK basketball. Even a scrimmage game. It is an obsession for some that others usually just don't understand.

 

I will likely watch the football game and catch glimpses of the basketball game here and there. But I know that I may be the minority among my UK brethren and I understand that.

 

So ridicule them if you must, but don't expect anything to change. I'm proud to be associated with that aspect of our fanbase. They truly bleed blue and they are as invested in UK basketball as any fans in any sport at any level. And nothing is going to tear them away from the tube when the Cats are on.

 

I say "To Each His Own".

  • Replies 136
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it kind of sad that some are being critical of a UK fan who would rather watch their basketball team in a scrimmage than watch UL play football. And please understand, to many, all it is is a UL football game. Regardless of how big it is in the world of college football, it is just a football game to them (and a UL game at that).

 

Not everyone is a college football fan, but more importantly, for a lot of UK fans, nothing short of the apocolypse could pry them away from watching UK basketball. Even a scrimmage game. It is an obsession for some that others usually just don't understand.

 

I will likely watch the football game and catch glimpses of the basketball game here and there. But I know that I may be the minority among my UK brethren and I understand that.

 

So ridicule them if you must, but don't expect anything to change. I'm proud to be associated with that aspect of our fanbase. They truly bleed blue and they are as invested in UK basketball as any fans in any sport at any level. And nothing is going to tear them away from the tube when the Cats are on.

 

I say "To Each His Own".

 

 

So...you'll forgive those who decide they'd rather go shopping with their wives than watch UK in the NCAA tourney in the spring.

 

You're right...to each his own. So, when a thread like this gets started, those of us who bleed red will defend our position, even though it's apparent that noone who bleeds blue thinks we have any right to.

 

Watch the basketball, I don't mind at all, but avoid throwing in the snide remarks about Louisville as a whole. Leave the tone of condesencion out of it. A simple "I like basketball better than football" will do. Or even, "I like UK basketball better than anything on earth".

 

Here's a question...would basketball be "king" in this state if Kentucky had a powerhouse football team? :sssh:

So...you'll forgive those who decide they'd rather go shopping with their wives than watch UK in the NCAA tourney in the spring.

 

You're right...to each his own. So, when a thread like this gets started, those of us who bleed red will defend our position, even though it's apparent that noone who bleeds blue thinks we have any right to.

 

Watch the basketball, I don't mind at all, but avoid throwing in the snide remarks about Louisville as a whole. Leave the tone of condesencion out of it. A simple "I like basketball better than football" will do. Or even, "I like UK basketball better than anything on earth".

 

Here's a question...would basketball be "king" in this state if Kentucky had a powerhouse football team? :sssh:

 

If you are looking for somebody with a chip on their shoulder, you are looking at the wrong guy.

 

Please show me where I was condescending, snide or anything close to that and I will apologize.

 

Yes, I don't care if somebody would rather go shopping, hunting, biking, whatever rather than watch UK basketball. It means very little to me what others choose to do. I watch because I want to.

 

I'm not sure what position you feel you have to defend. Of course you will watch UL football, so will I (as I stated). What is there to defend? Did somebody attack you for saying you were going to watch the football game? Read back through the thread and see who is taking the shots and looking for an argument in this. Is it the blue blockers or the red sea?

 

As to your last question, even if UK had a powerhouse football team, then yes, UK basketball would still be king in this state. (not just basketball, but UK basketball)

China has more people, but it doesn't mean it is a better country.

 

You can't claim to be a college football fan and not attempt to watch this game.

 

No, but they are quickly becoming more powerful.

 

I agree though, if you are a college football fan, you have the #3 playing the #5 and you'd rather watch a scrimmage basketball game? Doesn't make much sense, and I'm a UK basketball fan.

Please...give me a break! Don't start preaching to me about being on a high horse. I have to listen to UK fans take shots at Louisville fans for anything and everything:

 

Louisville is a "commuter school"...what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Louisville is comprised of thugs and criminals...been on campus? Met any students?

 

Louisville fans are unreasonable....well at least we support our coaches, unlike the "fans" at UK! Talk about unreasonable!

 

Frankly, I'll stay up here on my high horse, enjoying some dang good football and some dang good basketball at our little commuter school. I'll root for the other schools in the state as long as they aren't playing the Cards. I personally believe any good exposure for Kentucky as a state is worth cheering for. But then, I am an unreasonable Louisville fan...what do I know. :p

I guess they didn't teach you how this saying really goes at you big "commuter school"...

 

The saying actually goes like this, "the price of eggs in China".

I'm a huge UK basketball fan so I couldn't resist. :D

^ I was just joking with ya so please don't take it the wrong way.

 

I think we all should watch what we enjoy most. If it is the football game, so be it, if it is the basketball game then great. We shouldn't be argueing over what we would rather watch.

I guess they didn't teach you how this saying really goes at you big "commuter school"...

 

The saying actually goes like this, "the price of eggs in China".

I'm a huge UK basketball fan so I couldn't resist. :D

 

 

My Momma taught me that saying...and since they sell tea in China as a major export, I'm gonna trust her on this one.

My Momma taught me that saying...and since they sell tea in China as a major export, I'm gonna trust her on this one.
And she taught you well...because you're right! :thumb:

The UK athletics web site doesn't say either exh. game is on delayed TV, but it mentions some other games being showed on delay? Does anybody know for sure if the exh. Thursday is on live or delay?

So...you'll forgive those who decide they'd rather go shopping with their wives than watch UK in the NCAA tourney in the spring.

 

You're right...to each his own. So, when a thread like this gets started, those of us who bleed red will defend our position, even though it's apparent that noone who bleeds blue thinks we have any right to.

 

Watch the basketball, I don't mind at all, but avoid throwing in the snide remarks about Louisville as a whole. Leave the tone of condesencion out of it. A simple "I like basketball better than football" will do. Or even, "I like UK basketball better than anything on earth".

 

Here's a question...would basketball be "king" in this state if Kentucky had a powerhouse football team? :sssh:

 

 

UK is a basketball state because we are always good at basketball and are seldomly good at football. Now where is there a problem with this? Its like saying, if I liked apples better than oranges, would I like oranges better if it tasted like an apple.

 

Look, I dont have anything against UL fans. Most people I associate with dont. What I take offense with, about your statement, and a lot of other statements I hear is you want to put every UK fan in the same boat. When in fact there are bad UL and UK fans out there plain and simple.

  • Author
The UK athletics web site doesn't say either exh. game is on delayed TV, but it mentions some other games being showed on delay? Does anybody know for sure if the exh. Thursday is on live or delay?

 

I couldnt find anything that said it was on delay either digger. Thats why I made the thread. If they were on delay I wouldnt have even brought it up.

The UK exh.game is live on WKYT at 7:00pm. Thrusday night.

My Momma taught me that saying...and since they sell tea in China as a major export, I'm gonna trust her on this one.

I was trying to have a little fun with you to lighten the mood a little bit, guess it kinda backfired on me... sorry if I offended you in anyway.

The UK exh.game is live on WKYT at 7:00pm. Thrusday night.

 

Thanks. :thumb:

 

Now the question arises again, what ya gonna watch?

I find it kind of sad that some are being critical of a UK fan who would rather watch their basketball team in a scrimmage than watch UL play football. And please understand, to many, all it is is a UL football game. Regardless of how big it is in the world of college football, it is just a football game to them (and a UL game at that).

 

Not everyone is a college football fan, but more importantly, for a lot of UK fans, nothing short of the apocolypse could pry them away from watching UK basketball. Even a scrimmage game. It is an obsession for some that others usually just don't understand.

 

I will likely watch the football game and catch glimpses of the basketball game here and there. But I know that I may be the minority among my UK brethren and I understand that.

 

So ridicule them if you must, but don't expect anything to change. I'm proud to be associated with that aspect of our fanbase. They truly bleed blue and they are as invested in UK basketball as any fans in any sport at any level. And nothing is going to tear them away from the tube when the Cats are on.

 

I say "To Each His Own".

 

Thank you Watusi. And you are right, most people do not understand my rabid obsession with UK basketball, and since they do not, i am ridiculed because of it. It IS just a UL football game to me. Why would i watch a UL football game then a UK basketball game?? even if it is an exhibition?? UK basketball is my life, and if you dont respect that, or you disagree with my views, please do not criticize or ridicule me or any other fan like me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.