Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf Pet Peeve

Featured Replies

I know I am not very good. I shot between an 88-93. Because I know my driver is inconsistent, I choose not to hit off the back tees. Why is it that some guys that have no idea how to hit the ball, insist on playing the the back tees?

 

I'm all for learning the game and having fun, but until you can strike the ball with some kind of regularity, please play off the middle tees. It helps pace of play.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over compensation! There was a course I used to play in Indiana that wasn't real long and we played it from the tips. When I played more challenging courses I'd play up a tee.

I used to play from the tips when I much much longer, and much better. I’ll still occasionally do it, depending who I’m playing with, but for the most part I play from the middle tees. Many courses the difference between the tips and middle tees is only a club, but really the average golfer has no business playing the back tees.

I can play between 6300 and 6400 yards...once beyond that I can start having trouble as I'm normally fairly short off the tee. I use the tees that closet match that distance normally.

I get a kick out of the guys who aren't very good (and I'm not very good) that need to "see the whole course".

Played a course in an outing one time. While waiting to play from the middle tees, we walked into a freshly cut field behind us and found a ton of balls. A lot of pro v’s. I always wondered why guys that bad were playing the tips and using expensive balls.

The only course I could do that on was the old 9-hole course at Jenny Wiley. Added about 37 feet to the entire round. Good times.

72 years old with an 8.2 index. Always try to play 6,100 to 6,200 yard tees. Less than 6,000 I feel like a wuss; more than 6,300 and I know I will be hitting fairway woods into par 4s and that's no fun. Euro golf is different distance wise, because the game is all about run ups and not flying the ball to pins.

 

A side note - you can play bad golf fast. It doesn't hurt near as much as bad golf slow!

72 years old with an 8.2 index. Always try to play 6,100 to 6,200 yard tees. Less than 6,000 I feel like a wuss; more than 6,300 and I know I will be hitting fairway woods into par 4s and that's no fun. Euro golf is different distance wise, because the game is all about run ups and not flying the ball to pins.

 

A side note - you can play bad golf fast. It doesn't hurt near as much as bad golf slow!

 

I'm really bad, but I'm really fast. If a guy is slow I'm OK if he is really good. But if he is slow and bad......

I get a kick out of the guys who aren't very good (and I'm not very good) that need to "see the whole course".

 

Uh, I see the "Whole" course no matter what tees I hit from. As a matter of fact, I see parts of the course no one was ever intended to be on.

I have been playing from 5800-6200 for the last two years. Huge difference for enjoyment. My avereage drive is 210 so that is about right for me.

Another golf pet peeve....please let faster players play through when there is space in front of you. I hate it when you continually drive up m finishing a hole and the group in front of you is just teeing off on a par 4/5 on there is no one on the green. After a couple holes of this, we drive on by to the next hole and can play it twice before they finish the hole we skipped.

Uh, I see the "Whole" course no matter what tees I hit from. As a matter of fact, I see parts of the course no one was ever intended to be on.

 

A friend was joking about his game to me several years back and said his game was so bad that to complete his golf bag arrangement he added a weed eater and a small chainsaw. Lol.

Played a course in an outing one time. While waiting to play from the middle tees, we walked into a freshly cut field behind us and found a ton of balls. A lot of pro v’s. I always wondered why guys that bad were playing the tips and using expensive balls.

I’m a Four-5 handicap and I lose plenty of expensive pro-vs.

I don’t see why anyone cares where anybody plays from as long as they keep a consistent pace it shouldn’t matter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.