Boyle County vs. Ballard: Little Caesar's Fort Harrod Bowl (8/18)

Rushing yards will be tough to come by against this Boyle squad. Their safety and DB's will make it very difficult to try to beat them long or even intermediate. Quick,accurate outside routes were the only success that Madison Central had. Ballards best shot will be in that underneath zone I think but that game plan will likely not yield enough points to keep up with Boyles offense. Im taking Boyle by 14.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Boyle's secondary like? Ballard has two very tall and very fast receivers on the edge.

2 of the DBs are future D1 guys in Smith and Bartleson. What Smith lacks in height (5’11) he makes up for in speed and vertical leaping ability. Bartleson is roughly 6’1 and is a speed guy as well.

Coach Morton will have his hands full in this one but I expect it to be closer than some of the scores I read. Ballard is 300 plus on both sides of the ball and is one of the bigger teams you will see upfront. I’m going 21-7 Boyle. I believe the key to both teams will be how there Qb’s handle pressure and getting hit,Carr and Lanter from what I’ve seen in the past are not fast enough to escape pressure and scramble,both are pocket passers, they will have to step up in the pocket to throw and take the hit. This will be big boy football. This may not be a good game to be the quarterback in. I know Coach Morton and I would almost guarantee you Ballard will blitz from somewhere every play, which could bite them on giving up a big play. Boyle doesn’t have to Blitz because you got a D1 lineman in Kelly in the middle. I look for both defenses to be better than the offenses.

I forgot to give the other kid on Boyle props upfront on there dline. I liked the Hatter kid also a lot, I believe that’s his name. That’s why Boyle can play straight up and not have to worry about bringing pressure with those 2 upfront.

Hatters the real deal, he’s a matchup nightmare for most of the teams Boyle will face this year.

I'm going to be at this game. I'll hopefully have some good videos to post in the post game thread.

Can someone tell me players to watch (aka get video of) from Ballard? I heard they have several D1 recruits, including UK and UofL recruits.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Wireman there are multiple kids on Ballard that can play, no disrespect to none of the kids I don’t mention just a few that standout to me. . #12 Downing CB 6”2 180( both corners are solid),#18 Downing 6”5 185 WR,#71 DE Collett 6”5 315 lb,#10 lb Brown(who I feel is best player on defense)6”1 230,#6 Casey LB 6”4 230lbs. There D1 back is out but have a nice backup in Byrd I believe is #7 he is probably 6”0 200 and runs a 4.4-4.5.

Carr is #15 QB and is about 6”4 200 and was hurt last year for CAl but has won a State Title. He is a special player and would have some D1 offers if he hadn’t got hurt. Tremendous arm strength and accuracy. We will see how he gels with a very talented Ballard squad. There’s my 2 cent scouting report. Lol.

Wireman there are multiple kids on Ballard that can play, no disrespect to none of the kids I don’t mention just a few that standout to me. . #12 Downing CB 6”2 180( both corners are solid),#18 Downing 6”5 185 WR,#71 DE Collett 6”5 315 lb,#10 lb Brown(who I feel is best player on defense)6”1 230,#6 Casey LB 6”4 230lbs. There D1 back is out but have a nice backup in Byrd I believe is #7 he is probably 6”0 200 and runs a 4.4-4.5.

Carr is #15 QB and is about 6”4 200 and was hurt last year for CAl but has won a State Title. He is a special player and would have some D1 offers if he hadn’t got hurt. Tremendous arm strength and accuracy. We will see how he gels with a very talented Ballard squad. There’s my 2 cent scouting report. Lol.

Thank you! They won’t be live, but I’ll have highlight videos after the game. I’ll post on here and on Twitter @awireman