Boyle County vs. Ballard: Little Caesar's Fort Harrod Bowl (8/18)

Question about Tanner. Will he have to sit out the Ballard game for getting ejected against Corbin for giving a first down signal after a great run in the 4th. quarter last year? I thought it was a very bad call on a excited kid after a great run. Happens every game with no call but for some reason the back judge had a burr under his saddle and threw him out for it.

I thought Boyle appealed and won shortly after the title game last year....but I am not for certain. I may have dreamt it who knows!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carr's listed on Ballard's roster on both HUDL and MaxPreps, so I'm fairly confident it's a done deal.

One of the top-five transfers so far this year. Walker Parks (Notre Dame just offered) going from Lexington Christian to Frederick Douglass and Freddy Douglass also getting a D-I commit at quarterback (Cam Sizemore) were two others.

Ballard has individual talent galore, but not sure of their team cohesion. Ballard lost to a Manual team that fell apart and Ballard got blanked by Central Hardin (went to OT with a Meade County team which lost 5-of-6 to end the season).

They barely beat a 1-10 Boone County team last year in the playoffs. The game went down to the final gun with Boone County moving the ball down the field with the possibility of tie-ing the score. It was 0-0 at half. 20-12 was the final.

Ballard also lost early to DeSales last year. Then went on to beat Collins and then Central 30 - 7. But that was last years team, a 6a school like Ballard has a pretty deep talent pool plus a transfer or two could have a big impact. I certainly would like to see Boyle win handily but would not be surprised if Ballard is a big challenge.

Ballard also lost early to DeSales last year. Then went on to beat Collins and then Central 30 - 7. But that was last years team, a 6a school like Ballard has a pretty deep talent pool plus a transfer or two could have a big impact. I certainly would like to see Boyle win handily but would not be surprised if Ballard is a big challenge.

I would love to see a challenge from Ballard so Boyle can see what they have and what they need to work on. I believe that the first 2 or 3 game needs to be somewhat of a challenge for teams mainly for the reason I said.

This won’t be a running clock. I believe it’ll be much closer than people think

What does Ballard do extremely well because they won’t be able to run the ball. That won’t happen. This Boyle County secondary is arguably one of the best secondaries that Boyle County has ever had in the history of the school so if you plan to attack by the air you better be precise. So now that we have established that it is going to be extremely difficult for Ballard to score what kind of defense does Ballard have? Even without Tanner Crawford at RB Boyle County is still returning Landen Bartleson at RB and Reese Smith at WR. Add in Reiley Colwick, Cam Yates, Grant Hotchkiss, Nick Snyder......man...this team is not only stacked but they will hit the ground running. Watching these Boyle County coaches when they not only have this kind of talent but so much returning talent is a problem for everyone on their schedule. I’ve seen this movie before.

And for the record I am not trying to disrespect Ballard. My comments and beliefs are based solely on what I know about these kids and these coaches. The way this has always worked is that when you give these coaches the same kids for multiple years and they achieve success then you will see some special things. There’s no doubt in my mind that this will be a special season for Boyle County.

What does Ballard do extremely well because they won’t be able to run the ball. That won’t happen. This Boyle County secondary is arguably one of the best secondaries that Boyle County has ever had in the history of the school so if you plan to attack by the air you better be precise. So now that we have established that it is going to be extremely difficult for Ballard to score what kind of defense does Ballard have? Even without Tanner Crawford at RB Boyle County is still returning Landen Bartleson at RB and Reese Smith at WR. Add in Reiley Colwick, Cam Yates, Grant Hotchkiss, Nick Snyder......man...this team is not only stacked but they will hit the ground running. Watching these Boyle County coaches when they not only have this kind of talent but so much returning talent is a problem for everyone on their schedule. I’ve seen this movie before.

Hell, I left out QB Reed Lanter who will be one of the best QBs in the state at any level. :lol2: :lol2:

Yeah, this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Get your popcorn ready!!!!