Boyle County vs. Ballard: Little Caesar's Fort Harrod Bowl (8/18)

It doesn’t slow them down so what difference does it make? Do you not think that this team will improve every game this season?

If they are starting their first game with a running clock, no I dont think they will improve each game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballard will have some weapons on offense this year. They have that RB Werner kid who showed out in the camps over the summer. I’ve seen that Downing kid at a few camps and if him and Carr can build same chemistry as him and May that’s their air game. They have quite a bit playmakers on offense. Much better team than last few years. Their defense will very explosive with 4star Casey and Thompson. Not taking anything away from Boyle Co just don’t believe it’ll be a running clock and it’ll be a close very good game. How many 6a teams does Boyle play each year? Again I’m taking Bruins on this one.

Edited by fanofthesport

Ballard will have some weapons on offense this year. They have that RB Werner kid who showed out in the camps over the summer. I’ve seen that Downing kid at a few camps and if him and Carr can build same chemistry as him and May that’s their air game. They have quite a bit playmakers on offense. Much better team than last few years. Their defense will very explosive with 4star Casey and Thompson. Not taking anything away from Boyle Co just don’t believe it’ll be a running clock and it’ll be a close very good game. How many 6a teams does Boyle play each year? Again I’m taking Bruins on this one.

Boyle County has played against all of the Lexington schools at one point or another for many years now. I’d also say that playing and having success against some of the best teams in 3A like LexCath, Corbin and playing traditional and current state champ Danville is equal to or better than over half of the teams in 6A.

I do think that Ballard will be an entirely different team in November than they where they are at in August. This game will help them and if they win then IMO Ballard should be considered a top 10 team in the state. If Carr can develop chemistry with the new WRs quickly then Ballard will be off to a strong start.

Boyle comes in with some questions on the o-line but return every dynamic skill player from last years state title run minus nick walker. They had a common opponent in Collins last year with Ballard winning by 6 and BC winning by 28. Both teams should improve this year from last and I do not know what Ballard lost. I dont actually have a prediction but I will say this if they are similar as the previous years predecessors Boyle shouldn't struggle. It may not be a clock game but shouldn't be in question. If Boyle doesn't find answers on o-line early enough their skill players should still be a big enough difference maker to hide that inexperience but could still be a down fall if Ballard didn't lose much.

• 4 weeks later...

I think this game will answer questions for both teams. The Rebel's defense is really good. Their offense is good right now, but will get better with each game. I think the real question here is about Ballard and how long it will take them to mold into a solid unit with their new players added that are supposed to be good.I understand their best running back was injured in the scrimmage and is out for three weeks. I feel Boyle will win and I am conservative at 35-7.

According to the C-J Ballard has 4 players who've received D1 offers..... plus the transfer QB from CAL. They return 7 starters on offense and 8 on defense from a 6-6 team last year. This game may be closer than many think. Coach Adrian Morton says they need to establish a rushing attack and improve OL play.....which they have been focusing on.

Ballard’s OL will need to improve; QB was sacked quite a bit in scrimmage vs HHS. They have a few other RB that are still a threat although Werner will be missed Farmer is just as explosive. Casey has yet to play but Thompson will be a threat for Bruins on defense. I still think it’ll be close one but no so sure Bruins can build solid unit in a week. They still need to put some pieces together to compete to their potential.

According to the C-J Ballard has 4 players who've received D1 offers..... plus the transfer QB from CAL. They return 7 starters on offense and 8 on defense from a 6-6 team last year. This game may be closer than many think. Coach Adrian Morton says they need to establish a rushing attack and improve OL play.....which they have been focusing on.

One thing that’s a known staple with a Chuck Smith Defense is that you aren’t going to have much luck running the ball. Ballard is going to have to beat Boyle through the air.