And the New Head Coach at Xavier Will Be.....

UKMustangFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure of Mack, Miller and Matta's background. Were any of them with the program before behind hired as the Head Coach like Steele will be if he gets the job?

Miller was an assistant under Matta.

Mack was an assistant under Miller.

Matta was head man at Butler.

I'm not sure of Mack, Miller and Matta's background. Were any of them with the program before behind hired as the Head Coach like Steele will be if he gets the job?

Matta was at Butler before coming to X. Miller was Matta's head assistant. Mack was Miller's head assistant. The only difference with Steele is he has only been the Associate for 3 years (after Kelsey left for Winthrop).

Travis Steele (easy hire, continuity, safe hire for Greg Christopher who HAS to get this one right)

Pat Kelsey (only way this happens is if Fr. Graham and Bob Kohlhepp jam this down his throat)

Tommy Amaker

Chris Collins

John Brannen would have to have a few others say "no" first.

Porter Moser is well liked and well respected around Xavier as he was Majerus' #2 at SLU so many people got to know and like him. That said, this would be a HUGE leap for a guy with a terrible head coaching resume' up until about 3 weeks ago.

Ashley Howard, although I doubt very seriously he'd get a sniff.

Wojo would crawl from Milwaukee for this gig, but sadly for him, he can't be a candidate -- Xavier and Marquette are very close at the top of each organization.

Schmitty at St. Bonaventure would kill a puppy for this job. Not sure he gets a sniff either, but he will try his damndest to get a shot.

Travis Steele (easy hire, continuity, safe hire for Greg Christopher who HAS to get this one right)

Pat Kelsey (only way this happens is if Fr. Graham and Bob Kohlhepp jam this down his throat)

Tommy Amaker

Chris Collins

Schmitty at St. Bonaventure would kill a puppy for this job. Not sure he gets a sniff either, but he will try his damndest to get a shot.

Amaker is a neat idea. He’s got Harvard rolling in a way they never have before.

As for Schmitty, I’d want out of Olean on the first logging truck I could get too.