Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2018/19

Featured Replies

Very pleased to have PJ return. Hoping he really focuses on free throws. Kid says he wants a National Championship and believes they will have the pieces to do it next year.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish Wenyen the best. Not all upset that he left. Loved his heart but his defense drove me nuts. The 7 three point game was fun though.

Vanderbilt is staying in the draft. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can stay healthy. Happy for the kid to chase his dreams but bummed that we didn't get to see a full healthy season out of him.

I hope it works out for Vanderbilt, but I highly doubt he gets drafted.

I hope it works out for Vanderbilt, but I highly doubt he gets drafted.

 

I agree. In my opinion the only way staying in the draft makes sense is if his injury is really bad. Otherwise, I cannot see how another year at school if he would be healthy would not improve his draft status.

Throw in the possibility of the kid from Stanford and I'm loving next year's team...

  • Author

With Vanderbilt and Gabriel staying put, does that mean that UK is getting more than just Reid Travis for next season?

I hope it works out for Vanderbilt, but I highly doubt he gets drafted.

 

He didn’t mesh with Cal, hate to see him leave injured though. We want all Cats to succeed of course.

If not he will make good money overseas. The kid needs the money. Think he should have stayed, but understand why he isn't. Hope you wish the best for this young man, I do.

 

I certainly do. Do we know if he is going to graduate, that’s all I would have wished for him and his family?

He didn’t mesh with Cal, hate to see him leave injured though. We want all Cats to succeed of course.

 

What makes you believe that he didn't mesh with Calipari? First time I'm hearing that.

What makes you believe that he didn't mesh with Calipari? First time I'm hearing that.

 

The only thing I recall is there was a time around the first of the year that Cal hinted Vando was ready but it was up to him to play or not. Some tried to speculate that the kid wanted to sit out the whole season but Cal was trying to push him onto the court.

 

Wish him well. Hope it all works out

What makes you believe that he didn't mesh with Calipari? First time I'm hearing that.

 

I've read, so who knows the truth to it, that Vanderbilt kept UK and Cal in the dark most of the season regarding his health and injury status.

The only thing I recall is there was a time around the first of the year that Cal hinted Vando was ready but it was up to him to play or not. Some tried to speculate that the kid wanted to sit out the whole season but Cal was trying to push him onto the court.

 

I remember a lot of that speculation, but didn't think it was anymore than that. Wasn't sure if there was something else he was referring to.

 

Dude can't stay healthy and wants a shot before another injury happens. Can't blame him there. You don't want "injury prone" as something that follows you and it seems like that is already happen. Another year in college, it could get worse. Hopefully he'll perform well in the D League and get a shot.

Assuming Travis comes, which it sounds like is about a lock, I'll go ahead and say the starting lineup next season will be:

 

Green

Johnson

Washington

Travis

Richards

 

That gives you Hagans, Herro, Quickley, Baker, and Montgomery off the bench.

 

Depth, talent, experience....I like it.

Assuming Travis comes, which it sounds like is about a lock, I'll go ahead and say the starting lineup next season will be:

 

Green

Johnson

Washington

Travis

Richards

 

That gives you Hagans, Herro, Quickley, Baker, and Montgomery off the bench.

 

Depth, talent, experience....I like it.

 

If Hagens reclassifies as expected it may be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup, given his stellar play & athletic ability at both ends of the court? Think Montgomery will be right there as well; but what a great problem to have for Cal!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.