May 31, 20188 yr If Hagens reclassifies as expected it may be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup, given his stellar play & athletic ability at both ends of the court? Think Montgomery will be right there as well; but what a great problem to have for Cal!! I don't disagree, but with a guy like Hagans we have to realize he's younger, and is going to be going through the reclassification process and may take a little time to get his feet under him. With Montgomery, my thought was it'd be nice to have a big with scoring ability off the bench as opposed to Richards who is offensively limited at the moment. Agree, Cal is probably okay with that problem!
May 31, 20188 yr I can't wait to watch their Bahama games. Pretty pumped it worked out that this was the year they had them.
May 31, 20188 yr The only thing I recall is there was a time around the first of the year that Cal hinted Vando was ready but it was up to him to play or not. Some tried to speculate that the kid wanted to sit out the whole season but Cal was trying to push him onto the court. Wish him well. Hope it all works out Spot on, that’s when I posted he had no choice to play after a HOF coach calls you out. I hope he goes on to do well but chances are he will be forgotten in Lexington quickly.
May 31, 20188 yr I certainly do. Do we know if he is going to graduate, that’s all I would have wished for him and his family? With on line classes he can still get his degree
May 31, 20188 yr He didn’t mesh with Cal, hate to see him leave injured though. We want all Cats to succeed of course. First time I'm listening to KSR in about a month plus and Matt Jones seems to agree with you.
May 31, 20188 yr Assuming Travis comes, which it sounds like is about a lock, I'll go ahead and say the starting lineup next season will be: Green Johnson Washington Travis Richards That gives you Hagans, Herro, Quickley, Baker, and Montgomery off the bench. Depth, talent, experience....I like it. 1 guard in the starting lineup?
May 31, 20188 yr 1 guard in the starting lineup? Yeah, although I think KJ is more of a 2/3 combo. I think next year will be unique in the sense that there will be times where they have just 1 guard on the floor, and others where they have 5 on the floor at once. Lots of depth, lots of options, lots of guys that are the "position-less" players.
May 31, 20188 yr Yeah, although I think KJ is more of a 2/3 combo. I think next year will be unique in the sense that there will be times where they have just 1 guard on the floor, and others where they have 5 on the floor at once. Lots of depth, lots of options, lots of guys that are the "position-less" players. I don't see Richards starting but maybe he gets light years better.
May 31, 20188 yr I don't see Richards starting but maybe he gets light years better. He should be a lot better than last year. The problem for him is the talent around him in the front court also will be better.
May 31, 20188 yr Assuming Travis comes, which it sounds like is about a lock, I'll go ahead and say the starting lineup next season will be: Green Johnson Washington Travis Richards That gives you Hagans, Herro, Quickley, Baker, and Montgomery off the bench. Depth, talent, experience....I like it. If Hagens reclassifies as expected it may be hard to keep him out of the starting lineup, given his stellar play & athletic ability at both ends of the court? Think Montgomery will be right there as well; but what a great problem to have for Cal!! I would say we will see A LOT of different lineups this season.
May 31, 20188 yr Assuming Travis comes, which it sounds like is about a lock, I'll go ahead and say the starting lineup next season will be: Green Johnson Washington Travis Richards That gives you Hagans, Herro, Quickley, Baker, and Montgomery off the bench. Depth, talent, experience....I like it. I can't wait to watch their Bahama games. Pretty pumped it worked out that this was the year they had them. I was really really close to going down there for that. Unfortunately we are on a single income until December. So I'm going to have to wait another few years before I get to make that trip.
June 1, 20188 yr I don't disagree, but with a guy like Hagans we have to realize he's younger, and is going to be going through the reclassification process and may take a little time to get his feet under him. With Montgomery, my thought was it'd be nice to have a big with scoring ability off the bench as opposed to Richards who is offensively limited at the moment. Agree, Cal is probably okay with that problem! That was my thought this morning, is Richards next to get displaced or will he be on this team next year?
June 1, 20188 yr That was my thought this morning, is Richards next to get displaced or will he be on this team next year? He will be on the team next year. He's their only possible rim protector. I think we'll see some improvement from him in his 2nd season.
June 1, 20188 yr No way Richards starts if Reid comes. Quickly will start over Green he’s just better. Hagans gets reclassified he starts at 2. 1. Quickly 2. Hagans 3. Keldon Johnson 4. PJ 5. Reid I could see montgomery starting as well at some point
June 3, 20188 yr No way Richards starts if Reid comes. Quickly will start over Green he’s just better. Hagans gets reclassified he starts at 2. 1. Quickly 2. Hagans 3. Keldon Johnson 4. PJ 5. Reid I could see montgomery starting as well at some point What about Hero?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.