Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2018/19

Featured Replies

Unless money is a big factor why would Vanderbilt not want to try to improve his chances of being a 1st round pick by coming back to prove himself? I think he would get lost in the G league.

 

Injuries.

 

The new trend that has recently started is for a large # of 2nd round picks to get guaranteed money. If he can nab one of those, I imagine he'll stay in the draft. If he doesn't and comes back, and gets hurt again, he's probably ruined his chances of playing in the league.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless money is a big factor why would Vanderbilt not want to try to improve his chances of being a 1st round pick by coming back to prove himself? I think he would get lost in the G league.

 

Unfortunately he's starting to get a label on him and he needs to try and get paid as soon as possible before it's a label that never leaves.

 

If he was able to workout and compete at the combine, I think he'd have been gone for sure.

Unfortunately he's starting to get a label on him and he needs to try and get paid as soon as possible before it's a label that never leaves.

 

If he was able to workout and compete at the combine, I think he'd have been gone for sure.

 

What's the extent of the injury? It's not a Sam Bowie type thing is it?

What's the extent of the injury? It's not a Sam Bowie type thing is it?

 

I am not entirely sure, but I believe it's another ankle/foot injury. I haven't listened to KSR in a couple weeks but they never gave specific details.

Injuries.

 

The new trend that has recently started is for a large # of 2nd round picks to get guaranteed money. If he can nab one of those, I imagine he'll stay in the draft. If he doesn't and comes back, and gets hurt again, he's probably ruined his chances of playing in the league.

 

The problem is that I've yet to see him even in the second round in any mock. I see the point that if he can get drafted at all that he might want to take the leap due to injury risk, but if he's already out of the second round grading, and he can't perform at the combine, then what hope does he have of realistically believing he'll get drafted at all? If he ends up in the G league... he can make that type of money playing overseas even if he gets injured again and finds himself locked out of the NBA permanently.

Washington said yesterday that he needs/wants a 1st round guarantee to stay in the draft. If he gets a 2nd rd guarantee, he's going back to school. May just be talk, but...:idunno:

Washington said yesterday that he needs/wants a 1st round guarantee to stay in the draft. If he gets a 2nd rd guarantee, he's going back to school. May just be talk, but...:idunno:

 

Apparently looked really good yesterday but didn't measure well.

Apparently looked really good yesterday but didn't measure well.

 

Report I read said he looked good, but didn't show any sort of perimeter game or shot. That's a must if he's going to carve out a spot in the league IMO.

 

Also heard his measurables weren't the best.

Report I read said he looked good, but didn't show any sort of perimeter game or shot. That's a must if he's going to carve out a spot in the league IMO.

 

Also heard his measurables weren't the best.

 

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

 

Yikes. That's no bueno.

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

 

How does that happen to an 18/19 year old kid if they haven't put on a ton of weight or they aren't injured ?

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

He went from 43" at UK's combine to 34" at the NBA. Also had a shorter wingspan.

He went from 43" at UK's combine to 34" at the NBA. Also had a shorter wingspan.

Sounds like someone at the UK combine was fudging their measurements more than just a little.

Yikes. That's no bueno.

 

Hey - please speak American on this here website - none of that Millennial bueno stuff!!?

Hey - please speak American on this here website - none of that Millennial bueno stuff!!

 

No soy un Millennial. Técnicamente español es tan Americano como el pastel de manzana. Englés es lo que la mayoría de nosotros hablamos. Por el momento.

 

Just saying. It's still not good. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.