Kentucky Basketball 2018/19

Unless money is a big factor why would Vanderbilt not want to try to improve his chances of being a 1st round pick by coming back to prove himself? I think he would get lost in the G league.

Injuries.

The new trend that has recently started is for a large # of 2nd round picks to get guaranteed money. If he can nab one of those, I imagine he'll stay in the draft. If he doesn't and comes back, and gets hurt again, he's probably ruined his chances of playing in the league.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless money is a big factor why would Vanderbilt not want to try to improve his chances of being a 1st round pick by coming back to prove himself? I think he would get lost in the G league.

Unfortunately he's starting to get a label on him and he needs to try and get paid as soon as possible before it's a label that never leaves.

If he was able to workout and compete at the combine, I think he'd have been gone for sure.

Unfortunately he's starting to get a label on him and he needs to try and get paid as soon as possible before it's a label that never leaves.

If he was able to workout and compete at the combine, I think he'd have been gone for sure.

What's the extent of the injury? It's not a Sam Bowie type thing is it?

Injuries.

The new trend that has recently started is for a large # of 2nd round picks to get guaranteed money. If he can nab one of those, I imagine he'll stay in the draft. If he doesn't and comes back, and gets hurt again, he's probably ruined his chances of playing in the league.

The problem is that I've yet to see him even in the second round in any mock. I see the point that if he can get drafted at all that he might want to take the leap due to injury risk, but if he's already out of the second round grading, and he can't perform at the combine, then what hope does he have of realistically believing he'll get drafted at all? If he ends up in the G league... he can make that type of money playing overseas even if he gets injured again and finds himself locked out of the NBA permanently.

Apparently looked really good yesterday but didn't measure well.

Report I read said he looked good, but didn't show any sort of perimeter game or shot. That's a must if he's going to carve out a spot in the league IMO.

Also heard his measurables weren't the best.

Report I read said he looked good, but didn't show any sort of perimeter game or shot. That's a must if he's going to carve out a spot in the league IMO.

Also heard his measurables weren't the best.

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

Yeah, I think I saw where he lost nine inches on his vertical from UK's pro day.

How does that happen to an 18/19 year old kid if they haven't put on a ton of weight or they aren't injured ?

Hey - please speak American on this here website - none of that Millennial bueno stuff!!

No soy un Millennial. Técnicamente español es tan Americano como el pastel de manzana. Englés es lo que la mayoría de nosotros hablamos. Por el momento.

Just saying. It's still not good. :)