Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

N.I.T. Selection Show

Featured Replies

Quote from Swamprat

 

Not by me. If you are talking about post #35. Go back through my posts in this thread, read carefully, and please keep my statements within the context of the discussion I was involved in. If you do, you'll see, I did not say that.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So losing by lets say 25-30 plus vs an instate power gets you better exposure? If that was the case why not schedule regular season contest?

 

They lost to UK by 9 on CBS in prime time. They'll play Louisville on ESPN in prime time. That's about as good as you're going to get for a second year D1 program and if you're giving me 25 points Tuesday night, name your price.

A 7 seed is in line with other Horizon League teams in the NIT. At best you could argue a 6 seed, which is what Vermont received and they are equal with them. NKU fans will travel better than anyone else they could put in this match-up.

 

I meant traveling much farther than Louisville. I wasn’t saying that Louisville was a bad drive. And to top things off, I believe this may be a winnable game for NKU with how Louisville finished their season and depending on how motivated they will be to continue playing.

Louisville better be careful. John Brannen has a way to get his kids up for games like this and he's a better coach than David Padgett.

Not much love by the committee for the Horizon League giving the regular season champs a #7 seed.

 

The Horizon RPI is 26 out of the 32 conferences, so ....

Louisville better be careful. John Brannen has a way to get his kids up for games like this and he's a better coach than David Padgett.

 

Its ripe for an NKU win. Norse with the opportunity to beat a big in-state school and Louisville not wanting to be there. That’s enough before you factor in the difference in coaching.

I would have loved WKU coming in to NKU or UL but barring that I like the NKU at UL scenario. Will be tuned in Tuesday night for sure.

I really don't know why you guys bother. Engaging him just eggs this garbage on.

I, for one, love the UL/NKU matchup. It's great nationally televised exposure for the Norse, allows a much larger chunk of their fanbase to travel, and can absolutely help with recruiting KY and the surrounding area regions.

It was going to be UL or WKU, just the way they do things. This a great opportunity for NKU. Prime time on ESPN. Good for them.

Come on now, it's not like NKU got robbed on a higher seed. As for the "regional" match-up, UNC-Asheville plays Southern California. If my geography is correct, those two schools aren't close...

 

Let's get to the real topic: I'm actually very excited to see my Boise State Broncos get a chance again. Disappointing end to the season, but I hope Hutchison can boost his draft stock a little more.

I don't like the matchup for the same reasons I wouldn't like a UK / NKY or UL / WKU matchup. I'd like to see multiple schools from the state have a chance to advance. I guess being the NIT it's not as big of a deal as in the NCAA, but still as with when UK played NKU, I'd root for NKU if they were playing anybody else.

You could argue they deserved better than a 7 seed, for sure. But playing in Louisville is a benefit for NKU.

 

Agreed. Same argument I made last year when NKU played UK.

Ridiculous. Helps with recruiting? If a player has the options of UK, UL or NKU..........ah he aint picking NKU.

 

Nationally televised game and gets the program more exposure.

 

It absolutely helps recruiting. Of course they aren't battling for the same players.

Come on now, it's not like NKU got robbed on a higher seed. As for the "regional" match-up, UNC-Asheville plays Southern California. If my geography is correct, those two schools aren't close...

 

Let's get to the real topic: I'm actually very excited to see my Boise State Broncos get a chance again. Disappointing end to the season, but I hope Hutchison can boost his draft stock a little more.

 

They always have and always do match-up regional teams WHEN THEY CAN. The seeds have to be close as do the teams (LSU-Louisiana, Boise St-Washington). Also, could be a factor in NKU getting a 7 instead of maybe a 6.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.