N.I.T. Selection Show

16thBBall Fan

Quote from Swamprat

Not by me. If you are talking about post #35. Go back through my posts in this thread, read carefully, and please keep my statements within the context of the discussion I was involved in. If you do, you'll see, I did not say that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So losing by lets say 25-30 plus vs an instate power gets you better exposure? If that was the case why not schedule regular season contest?

They lost to UK by 9 on CBS in prime time. They'll play Louisville on ESPN in prime time. That's about as good as you're going to get for a second year D1 program and if you're giving me 25 points Tuesday night, name your price.

A 7 seed is in line with other Horizon League teams in the NIT. At best you could argue a 6 seed, which is what Vermont received and they are equal with them. NKU fans will travel better than anyone else they could put in this match-up.

I meant traveling much farther than Louisville. I wasn’t saying that Louisville was a bad drive. And to top things off, I believe this may be a winnable game for NKU with how Louisville finished their season and depending on how motivated they will be to continue playing.

Louisville better be careful. John Brannen has a way to get his kids up for games like this and he's a better coach than David Padgett.

Its ripe for an NKU win. Norse with the opportunity to beat a big in-state school and Louisville not wanting to be there. That’s enough before you factor in the difference in coaching.

Come on now, it's not like NKU got robbed on a higher seed. As for the "regional" match-up, UNC-Asheville plays Southern California. If my geography is correct, those two schools aren't close...

Let's get to the real topic: I'm actually very excited to see my Boise State Broncos get a chance again. Disappointing end to the season, but I hope Hutchison can boost his draft stock a little more.

I don't like the matchup for the same reasons I wouldn't like a UK / NKY or UL / WKU matchup. I'd like to see multiple schools from the state have a chance to advance. I guess being the NIT it's not as big of a deal as in the NCAA, but still as with when UK played NKU, I'd root for NKU if they were playing anybody else.

Come on now, it's not like NKU got robbed on a higher seed. As for the "regional" match-up, UNC-Asheville plays Southern California. If my geography is correct, those two schools aren't close...

Let's get to the real topic: I'm actually very excited to see my Boise State Broncos get a chance again. Disappointing end to the season, but I hope Hutchison can boost his draft stock a little more.

They always have and always do match-up regional teams WHEN THEY CAN. The seeds have to be close as do the teams (LSU-Louisiana, Boise St-Washington). Also, could be a factor in NKU getting a 7 instead of maybe a 6.