Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

N.I.T. Selection Show

Featured Replies

You could argue they deserved better than a 7 seed, for sure. But playing in Louisville is a benefit for NKU.

Unless someone was expecting NKU to host, this is the match up you’d want. The game is an hour away.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless someone was expecting NKU to host, this is the match up you’d want. The game is an hour away.

 

I agree. I am fine with them playing Louisville. However I was hoping they would have been a 5 seed and playing Western KY. That was my thought before the brackets were announced. There are a lot of good teams in the NIT and I am just glad they are in. Go NKU!

Im failing to see the issue...

 

Seed the bracket correctly, stop with this regional matchup crap.

I agree that it is a benfit for them playing Kentucky and Louisville games they are probably not supposed to win but if they do it would have to be a big boost in recruitment.

 

Ridiculous. Helps with recruiting? If a player has the options of UK, UL or NKU..........ah he aint picking NKU.

Seed the bracket correctly, stop with this regional matchup crap.

 

So let’s hear your seedings and pairings.

Already bought my tickets for WKU's game on Tuesday night. Not very often an ACC team comes to Diddle Arena and even though it is a drive of several hours on a weeknight, I wouldn't miss it!

Seed the bracket correctly, stop with this regional matchup crap.

 

It’s the NIT. Regional games get bigger crowds.

  • Author
Ridiculous. Helps with recruiting? If a player has the options of UK, UL or NKU..........ah he aint picking NKU.

 

I meant they get more exposure and that help in getting the recruits they want.

You could argue they deserved better than a 7 seed, for sure. But playing in Louisville is a benefit for NKU.

 

I agree and don't see Norse fans traveling far for NIT games.

Ridiculous. Helps with recruiting? If a player has the options of UK, UL or NKU..........ah he aint picking NKU.

 

A recruit may not consider NKU over UofL or UK, but if a NKU target was deciding between NKU and a conference rival it might just help tip the scales in the Norse favor come decision time.

  • Author
A recruit may not consider NKU over UofL or UK, but if a NKU target was deciding between NKU and a conference rival it might just help tip the scales in the Norse favor come decision time.

 

That's what I was meaning. Actually talked to an NKU assistant in January in Lexington at hs game. He was there to watch a couple of players. It looked like they had a good shot of getting into the tournament and I ask wonder who you'll get this year. He laughed and said probably Cincinnati or Xavier but he said it was better for their publicity to play a Kentucky or one of them locally than to go out West and play a Gonzaga or Arizona.

It’s the NIT. Regional games get bigger crowds.

 

So crowd size is more important than correct brackets?

I meant they get more exposure and that help in getting the recruits they want.

 

So losing by lets say 25-30 plus vs an instate power gets you better exposure? If that was the case why not schedule regular season contest?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.