Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titanic

Featured Replies

I'm ashamed to say that I actually like this movie. As I finish watching it on Sundance it suddenly occurs to me that when the Old Lady dies and goes to heaven, the person waiting for her there is the guy she had a fling in a car with. Not the man she was married to for 60 years, but this young guy that she slept with in a car while she was already engaged.

 

It only took me twenty years to come to this realization.

The script isn’t the best, but it is a marvel of filmmaking. I have a couple of buddies who hated it, but they only saw it on television. To see it on the big screen is amazing.

I've seen much worse movies :lol2:

 

Seriously, if you take out every seen with young Rose...well maybe leave one...it would have been a much better movie.

Titanic is a great movie. I’ll watch just about anytime I see that it’s on.

A fun drinking game is to drink every time someone says 'Jack'. If you can keep from passing out before Leo sinks, you win.

I'll be honest...I've never seen it. Part of the reason was the stinkin' air play of that Celine Dion song.

I'll be honest...I've never seen it. Part of the reason was the stinkin' air play of that Celine Dion song.

 

People get on boat. Boat sails. Boat hits iceberg. Boat sinks. People die.

 

There you go. I just saved you 3 hours and 15 minutes.

People get on boat. Boat sails. Boat hits iceberg. Boat sinks. People die.

 

There you go. I just saved you 3 hours and 15 minutes.

 

:lol2: Yeah, when it first came out and I told people that I hadn't seen it, I'd always say "The boat still sinks, right?" When they said "yes", I told them I didn't need to see it then, because I already knew how it ended.

I’ve never been a fan of a movie where everyone knows how it ends.

I enjoyed it on the big screen but it's not one I've felt the desire to see again.

i've seen this movie 4 or 5 times but never all the way through. I love the one scene with Rose that we all know. other than that it's kind of a over produced hokey love story. Elitist falls for a lower level american who hopped on board with a stereotypical English speaking Italian pal.

 

The ending is cool to see how the ship actually goes down. I hate Rose for the fact that she just lets jack freeze to death instead of offering him just a little bit room on that piece she's floating on. Also thought Old Rose was extremely creepy. 3 stars out of 5, mainly for production.

I enjoyed it on the big screen but it's not one I've felt the desire to see again.

 

Exactly how I feel. I’ve caught parts of it on TV and it’s ok, but I didn’t get a lot out of it on subsequent attempts.

Not my favorite movie, but I do kind of enjoy it. It's certainly very cheesy, but it's a fun, easy watch. I still say there was more than enough room on that door for Jack.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.