What Do You Do?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my favorite ladies--- Mamaw and Goldie. A seamstress and a cook!!! Though, I bet each of you are good at both.

We know Goldie is a great cook. Family rumor that I am also. My grandmother never ceased to amaze me when I watched her prepare food. She could only read German but spoke English, she never used a recipe. She was the best cook ever. She passed away when I was 10, wish I'd been older to learn it all, but I can still remember sitting and watching her hands as she delicately and confidently turned average meats and garden vegetables into tender and delicious meals. She didn't use a spoon, she used her finger to taste for flavor. She never over cooked or over baked anything. Her breads were so light, I have the pottery bread bowl she used. But I have never mastered her breads or cooking either. Thanks SF.

I too had a side hustle, alterations on wedding gowns and prom dresses. Did you ever do alterations?

I made custom drapes and purses.

Two of my favorite ladies--- Mamaw and Goldie. A seamstress and a cook!!! Though, I bet each of you are good at both.

Thanks for the kind words.

I knew it. With all of that delicious food you talk about fixing, I knew you probably enjoyed sharing it with others.

Haven't you made the cut to dinner and a GRC hoops game at Goldies? It's on my list of things to do. Maybe next hoops season.

Haven't you made the cut to dinner and a GRC hoops game at Goldies? It's on my list of things to do. Maybe next hoops season.

I was hoping the Mason County game but I was in Florida. We diffently will do it next season. SF you are invited too. A good meal and watching my Cards play