What Do You Do?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran the US division of a large manufacturing company until sold to private equity in 2016. Spent one year with the State of Kentucky then retired last June. Side gig now is transporting mainly thoroughbred horses and managing my own little farm.

• 5 months later...

Worked for UPS for 8 years unloading airplanes, the last 2 as a pt supervisor.

12 years as a bartender/cook at Bambi Bar. My boss sold it and new guy cut my hours and salary so left

Bounced around a few years but now hopefully have found a home in IT for Kindred Healthcare, been there 8 months.

My side hustle, FINALLY, has completed its first big projects.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66768[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]66765[/ATTACH][ATTACH]66767[/ATTACH]

It looks great. Right down the road from my office. I'll be stopping in. :thumb:

Your side hustle the businesses or the rehab? (or both?)

Trying to make it real estate. These are 2 of 3 buildings. We rehabbed and leased them. My other is a multi-family. I'd, ultimately, like to get up to 25 buildings or 100 units. Whichever is first.

2 different buildings w/ 2 different businesses. Ft. Thomas Ice Cream and Grassroots & Vine.

I know, in that area a lot. Seems like it took you guys a little longer than expected, but looks nice and I'm glad those building were rehabbed.

I know, in that area a lot. Seems like it took you guys a little longer than expected, but looks nice and I'm glad those building were rehabbed.

A lot longer. Kids should grow up to be plumbers.

The main problem was we had no way to know what to build until people signed leases which happened in October and November of last year. Then it was delay after delay.

We just cut 22% of our non manufacturing work force yesterday. 2,200 jobs eliminated.

That’s a blood letting. United Natural Foods just bought Safeway and is going to start selling off their assets. Invest in yourself, people. It is the only job security that you have.