St. John’s 82 Duke 77

P_G

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In college football it matters to some extent, but in college basketball the rankings are basically just their for fun. They mean nothing.

I learned this about 10 years ago. Ratings are for bragging rights, I monitored them like crazy when I was a teen and into my 20’s.

For people who say they don't like when Cal gives the young excuse. We have seen the best coach of all time in Coach K also have a hard time getting consistent effort from his young teams these last 2 years. Especially on the defensive end. People need to realize it's not an excuse when you have young teams. No matter how talented players are. Most of them don't know how to play at a consistent top level every game, especially on defense. Because in the past everyone of those guys didn't need to give 100 percent on defense because they were always the best player on the court.

For people who say they don't like when Cal gives the young excuse. We have seen the best coach of all time in Coach K also have a hard time getting consistent effort from his young teams these last 2 years. Especially on the defensive end. People need to realize it's not an excuse when you have young teams. No matter how talented players are. Most of them don't know how to play at a consistent top level every game, especially on defense. Because in the past everyone of those guys didn't need to give 100 percent on defense because they were always the best player on the court.

The problem though is that Grayson Allen is a senior and he has been MIA for a large part of the season and definitely in all 4 losses. The one guy Duke should be able to count on the most in these situations is failing miserably at being the leader.

The problem though is that Grayson Allen is a senior and he has been MIA for a large part of the season and definitely in all 4 losses. The one guy Duke should be able to count on the most in these situations is failing miserably at being the leader.

Agreed. I'm just pointing out to people who say they hate that Cal uses the freshman excuse. That coach K who is the best coach of all time. Always has the same problems with young teams. Now the difference is if Allen can end up being that true senior leader. Duke will be fine.