P_G

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they play each other every year?

This article was on the NCAA site:

Coach K vs. St. John's | NCAA.com

I would imagine its just a convenient way for Duke to get a regular game in New York City against an opponent that has often been pretty good. Duke has recruited a lot of kids out of New Jersey as well, so that probably has something to do with. Of course Duke is a name brand so the arena will sell out and I'm sure St. John's like the challenge of playing a top-tier team.

Duke fans don’t care about UK. Don’t get it twisted.

And seriously, you really think St. John’s gets up more for conference games than Duke at Madison Square Garden on national television?

I don't care how "up" St. John's gets for Duke. That is a really bad loss for Duke. Duke still might win the whole thing but that is a horrible loss...I mean St. John's could go 1-17 or 0-18 this year in the Big East. They are that bad...and every team gets up for Duke. Time to move on though...

I don't care how "up" St. John's gets for Duke. That is a really bad loss for Duke. Duke still might win the whole thing but that is a horrible loss...I mean St. John's could go 1-17 or 0-18 this year in the Big East. They are that bad...and every team gets up for Duke. Time to move on though...

Where did I say it wasn’t a bad loss?