Negative People

NamecipS

Three types of people.

Glass half full.

Glass half empty.

Glass cracked and leaking.

I'll have to add that last one to my list. I've always gone with...

Glass is half full (optimist)

Glass is half empty (pessimist)

Glass is going to have to be washed, either way. (pragmatist)

It wouldn't be the first time I was suspended.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

It was Rogue Moderator, we got rid of him.

I'll have to add that last one to my list. I've always gone with...

Glass is going to have to be washed, either way. (pragmatist)

Or:

Why is the glass twice as big as it needs to be? (engineer)

Just walk away. It's the best way. I used to have a hard time with that, but don't make eye contact and just walk away. If you aren't able to do that, and you're stuck, assume a blank stare and keep a poker face, it's the mental walk away.

I've often been accused of being "negative," including by a few on this board. However, I think that's a misnomer. I'm a realist, and I'm honest, and I call it as I see it.

I smile and say hi to everyone I can, and love to engage in pleasant conversation. If someone asks me my opinion, I provide it, with honesty.

I've often been accused of being "negative," including by a few on this board. However, I think that's a misnomer. I'm a realist, and I'm honest, and I call it as I see it.

I smile and say hi to everyone I can, and love to engage in pleasant conversation. If someone asks me my opinion, I provide it, with honesty.

There is something to be said for that. Often times what is considered to be negative is actually just speaking facts about how something is. I don't consider those people negative.

For me the difference between people who speak factually about how things really are and negative people is their general mood and energy. If someone is higher energy, smiling and putting off good vibes I don't consider them negative despite what they say. If they put off poor body language, seem generally unhappy then I typically consider them to be negative and try not to deal with them.

I like what Betty White who turned 96 recently said about the negative:

While speaking with Parade magazine in early January, the Lake Placid actress said it was her ability to “accentuate the positive, not the negative” that has kept her alive for so long.

“I know it sounds corny, but I try to see the funny side and the upside, not the downside. I get bored with people who complain about this or that. It’s such a waste of time,” she said.

I don't think you're negative, just a contrarian. :D