Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Negative People

Featured Replies

Three types of people.

 

Glass half full.

Glass half empty.

Glass cracked and leaking.

 

I'll have to add that last one to my list. I've always gone with...

 

Glass is half full (optimist)

Glass is half empty (pessimist)

Glass is going to have to be washed, either way. (pragmatist)

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can stand negative folks. Get over it move on. Don't like your job, quit! Don't like the situation, change it.

And Snottie I had better not get a dislike from you on this post. :lol2:

Can stand negative folks. Get over it move on. Don't like your job, quit! Don't like the situation, change it.

And Snottie I had better not get a dislike from you on this post. :lol2:

 

Miami-Heat-LeBron-James-thumbs-down.jpg

 

:D

I am usually a ray of sunshine around them! They hate that.

 

You're a ray of sunshine around me... What are you trying to say?? :stop:

It wouldn't be the first time I was suspended.

 

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

 

It was Rogue Moderator, we got rid of him.

I'll have to add that last one to my list. I've always gone with...

 

Glass is half full (optimist)

Glass is half empty (pessimist)

Glass is going to have to be washed, either way. (pragmatist)

 

Or:

 

Glass is half full (optimist)

Glass is half empty (pessimist)

Why is the glass twice as big as it needs to be? (engineer)

It wouldn't be the first time I was suspended.

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Just walk away. It's the best way. I used to have a hard time with that, but don't make eye contact and just walk away. If you aren't able to do that, and you're stuck, assume a blank stare and keep a poker face, it's the mental walk away.

My best friend has slowly become a very negative person. It's tough to deal with. He manages to point out the fault in everything, and it's honestly exhausting.

I've often been accused of being "negative," including by a few on this board. However, I think that's a misnomer. I'm a realist, and I'm honest, and I call it as I see it.

 

I smile and say hi to everyone I can, and love to engage in pleasant conversation. If someone asks me my opinion, I provide it, with honesty.

I've often been accused of being "negative," including by a few on this board. However, I think that's a misnomer. I'm a realist, and I'm honest, and I call it as I see it.

 

I smile and say hi to everyone I can, and love to engage in pleasant conversation. If someone asks me my opinion, I provide it, with honesty.

 

There is something to be said for that. Often times what is considered to be negative is actually just speaking facts about how something is. I don't consider those people negative.

 

For me the difference between people who speak factually about how things really are and negative people is their general mood and energy. If someone is higher energy, smiling and putting off good vibes I don't consider them negative despite what they say. If they put off poor body language, seem generally unhappy then I typically consider them to be negative and try not to deal with them.

It was Rogue Moderator, we got rid of him.

 

Technically he was a Rogue Administrator at the time. :sssh:

I like what Betty White who turned 96 recently said about the negative:

 

While speaking with Parade magazine in early January, the Lake Placid actress said it was her ability to “accentuate the positive, not the negative” that has kept her alive for so long.

“I know it sounds corny, but I try to see the funny side and the upside, not the downside. I get bored with people who complain about this or that. It’s such a waste of time,” she said.

I've often been accused of being "negative," including by a few on this board. However, I think that's a misnomer. I'm a realist, and I'm honest, and I call it as I see it.

 

I smile and say hi to everyone I can, and love to engage in pleasant conversation. If someone asks me my opinion, I provide it, with honesty.

 

I don't think you're negative, just a contrarian. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.