Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Negative People

Featured Replies

We've all run in to them. Everything is terrible and they can never find anything good to say.

 

How do you handle them? Is it even worth it to engage them in a conversation?

 

We've got a couple negative nancy's here at work. Swear I've never heard one of them say anything positive. We got Nancy1 a cake for her b-day one year and she went off on someone about the icing. Needless to say that was the last time she got a cake from the group.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative people are some of the saddest and most depressing people on the planet IMO.

 

To answer your question, no, they aren't even worth engaging or interacting with.

I'll engage them for perspective. Also, if complaining makes them feel better and I don't have anything to complain about that day, I'll listen so I can complain about them at the bar, where all the sane people go to vent.

As a principal I used to always ask the most negative teacher in the school what she thought about an idea we had during a faculty meeting. She would always have an opinion. She sold the rest of the group on my idea because she didn't like it.

Three types of people.

 

Glass half full.

Glass half empty.

Glass cracked and leaking.

What most negative people don't realize is the rest of play games with them even if the game is shutting them out of the game.

This thread is stupid.

A certainty about negatively-minded people--- they consistently attract negative things into their lives. It's a universal law that's as true as gravity.

This thread is stupid.

 

:lol2:

I work with a few folks that I wonder how they make it through life being as miserable as they are.

 

Life is too short to deal with them. I tell them to have a nice day and move on.

I am usually a ray of sunshine around them! They hate that.

I am usually a ray of sunshine around them! They hate that.

 

How is that any different than your normal personality?

How is that any different than your normal personality?

 

That's a Rule 6 violation, sir. Self-report yourself immediately and pray you aren't suspended.

That's a Rule 6 violation, sir. Self-report yourself immediately and pray you aren't suspended.

 

It wouldn't be the first time I was suspended.

Why are they a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer and not No-Fun Nicholas and Pessimistic Peter?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.