Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Namecips Christmas Light Videos for 2017

Featured Replies

Those were so cool! Thanks for doing it and sharing.

  • Author
They look great and you did an awesome job.

 

Can you give us an idea of how much time and money it takes to do something like you are doing?

 

Where to begin...

 

I have 9 Light O Rama Residential Controllers and a Pro Level Software license from from Light O Rama.

 

I have between 8-10k lights. They are full wave, weather sealed lights. A little more expensive than your big box store lights, but they last longer and look better. I bought almost all of my lights from a place called Holiday Light Express.

 

I made almost all of the extensions cords to the lights. There are 144 light extension cords. Just about 2000 feet. I also have 2 heavy duty extension cords for each controller. All in, I think there are about 175 extension cords.

 

I bought a refurbished laptop to run the show. There's also an FM transmitter if you want to let people listen from their cars.

 

As for the money, let's just say it's not a cheap hobby. It's taken 5 years to get where I'm at now.

 

My next step is to switch from LED lighting to RGB lighting. RGB gives you the ability to make an each individual bulb a different color or effect. Will be slowly transitioning over the next few years. I'm being told in the beginning of sequencing RGB it will take double the time to finish a song. As with anything, the more you do it the easier it gets.

Where to begin...

 

I have 9 Light O Rama Residential Controllers and a Pro Level Software license from from Light O Rama.

 

I have between 8-10k lights. They are full wave, weather sealed lights. A little more expensive than your big box store lights, but they last longer and look better. I bought almost all of my lights from a place called Holiday Light Express.

 

I made almost all of the extensions cords to the lights. There are 144 light extension cords. Just about 2000 feet. I also have 2 heavy duty extension cords for each controller. All in, I think there are about 175 extension cords.

 

I bought a refurbished laptop to run the show. There's also an FM transmitter if you want to let people listen from their cars.

 

As for the money, let's just say it's not a cheap hobby. It's taken 5 years to get where I'm at now.

 

My next step is to switch from LED lighting to RGB lighting. RGB gives you the ability to make an each individual bulb a different color or effect. Will be slowly transitioning over the next few years. I'm being told in the beginning of sequencing RGB it will take double the time to finish a song. As with anything, the more you do it the easier it gets.

 

Very cool and interesting. Well done!!!

  • Author

Forgot to add that sequencing a 2-3 minute song takes between 8-10 hours depending on how complex you want to make it. Mine are pretty simple for the house. The singing trees take the longest. It's really hard to get the mouth timings down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.