Namecips Christmas Light Videos for 2017

NamecipS

They look great and you did an awesome job.

Can you give us an idea of how much time and money it takes to do something like you are doing?

Where to begin...

I have 9 Light O Rama Residential Controllers and a Pro Level Software license from from Light O Rama.

I have between 8-10k lights. They are full wave, weather sealed lights. A little more expensive than your big box store lights, but they last longer and look better. I bought almost all of my lights from a place called Holiday Light Express.

I made almost all of the extensions cords to the lights. There are 144 light extension cords. Just about 2000 feet. I also have 2 heavy duty extension cords for each controller. All in, I think there are about 175 extension cords.

I bought a refurbished laptop to run the show. There's also an FM transmitter if you want to let people listen from their cars.

As for the money, let's just say it's not a cheap hobby. It's taken 5 years to get where I'm at now.

My next step is to switch from LED lighting to RGB lighting. RGB gives you the ability to make an each individual bulb a different color or effect. Will be slowly transitioning over the next few years. I'm being told in the beginning of sequencing RGB it will take double the time to finish a song. As with anything, the more you do it the easier it gets.

Where to begin...

I have 9 Light O Rama Residential Controllers and a Pro Level Software license from from Light O Rama.

I have between 8-10k lights. They are full wave, weather sealed lights. A little more expensive than your big box store lights, but they last longer and look better. I bought almost all of my lights from a place called Holiday Light Express.

I made almost all of the extensions cords to the lights. There are 144 light extension cords. Just about 2000 feet. I also have 2 heavy duty extension cords for each controller. All in, I think there are about 175 extension cords.

I bought a refurbished laptop to run the show. There's also an FM transmitter if you want to let people listen from their cars.

As for the money, let's just say it's not a cheap hobby. It's taken 5 years to get where I'm at now.

My next step is to switch from LED lighting to RGB lighting. RGB gives you the ability to make an each individual bulb a different color or effect. Will be slowly transitioning over the next few years. I'm being told in the beginning of sequencing RGB it will take double the time to finish a song. As with anything, the more you do it the easier it gets.

Very cool and interesting. Well done!!!

Forgot to add that sequencing a 2-3 minute song takes between 8-10 hours depending on how complex you want to make it. Mine are pretty simple for the house. The singing trees take the longest. It's really hard to get the mouth timings down.