#2 Boyle County vs. #3 Corbin (3A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

3A State Championship Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. 3A State Championship Who wins?

Great Job Hatz!! That is some high quality research.

Boyle and Danville both had 3 turnovers in the head to head matchup and Boyle lost.

So Boyle is undefeated when they win the turnover margin. I may stick with that thesis in my prediction post.

I was amazed at how few fumbles were lost by Boyle according to the stats on each game page at KHSAA. I can't remember that low a number in my life. I also am amazed at the takeaways. They are ball hunters for sure when you get that many turnovers in 14 games.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I'm right but correct me if I'm wrong. Boyle County has a starting defensive back who started for Corbin as a defensive back last year. I think his name is Snyder. Just thought that was an interesting piece of information and wondered if it could have any bearing in the outcome of the game?

Corbin has to establish the line of scrimmage. They get Boyle's front blocked, they win; they don't, they lose. Sizemore throws a nice deep ball and it's especially effective when Corbin can run it.

Corbin needs to control the clock and tempo. The Redhound defense is vicious when it's fresh. Noah Taylor, Ethyn Simms, and Grant Gibson have been all over the field throughout the year. Taylor looked like a man possessed at Central.

Fulfill these keys and don't turn the ball over, I like Corbin 28-21.

I believe I'm right but correct me if I'm wrong. Boyle County has a starting defensive back who started for Corbin as a defensive back last year. I think his name is Snyder. Just thought that was an interesting piece of information and wondered if it could have any bearing in the outcome of the game?

Somebody mentioned this the other day but I can't confirm nor deny whether that's true.

#18 Nathan Snyder moved from Corbin to Boyle and is a starting DB for the Rebels. The Junior has been an impact player for Boyle and made many nice plays throughout the year.

Snyder did not start at corner last season; Lucas Ellison and Cam Maguet played corner, DJ Murphy at safety. Snyder did see some reps last season but did not start to my recollection.

I am confident this is going to be a tremendous football game. Corbin is really good and play hard, physical football till the whistle. They hit hard and tackle well. And so does Boyle.

The Corbin QB is an animal and will hurt Boyle either with his arm or with his feet, maybe both.

Tough to pick a score. I would have never guessed 14 points would beat Etown in the Semis. Never expected the defenses to control that game like they did. And I was wrong,

Anyway,

Boyle County 31

Corbin 28

Earlier this week I said something about this week taking forever and finally Friday is here and its game day!!! With that said I am sitting here reflecting on my playing days and what this day was like for me so many years ago. It was a whirlwind day that ended with us bringing home the hardware but it is what happened after that final whistle that I still remember the most. I sat that locker room knowing that I would never put those cleats or those pads or that jersey on to play this wonderful game ever again. I have been fortunate enough to coach this great game but never player another snap after that day. So I say to all my fellow BGP people no matter who you are a fan of enjoy this moment. If you are a parent of a kid playing today remember this is a memory and moment that they will remember for a life time. Good luck to both teams and thank GOD its GAME DAY!!!!!

Earlier this week I said something about this week taking forever and finally Friday is here and its game day!!! With that said I am sitting here reflecting on my playing days and what this day was like for me so many years ago. It was a whirlwind day that ended with us bringing home the hardware but it is what happened after that final whistle that I still remember the most. I sat that locker room knowing that I would never put those cleats or those pads or that jersey on to play this wonderful game ever again. I have been fortunate enough to coach this great game but never player another snap after that day. So I say to all my fellow BGP people no matter who you are a fan of enjoy this moment. If you are a parent of a kid playing today remember this is a memory and moment that they will remember for a life time. Good luck to both teams and thank GOD its GAME DAY!!!!!

Well said!!