#2 Boyle County vs. #3 Corbin (3A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

3A State Championship Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. 3A State Championship Who wins?

I totally agree about Boyle’s staff. I just found it funny that some folks were saying Corbin would get “blown” out by Central. They need to actually watch a team more than once. Friday’s game should be a good one.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying since I watched Corbin play Beechwood this year that Corbin is a contender to win a state title. I have picked them every week in the playoffs and I’m not going to shy away from that now. Their only loss this year was the game I watched and and have done nothing but get better. Boyle will definitely be their toughest test yet but I think they are battle tested and ready!!! I am planning on staying and watching this game after the Beechwood game. Good luck to both teams can’t wait to watch this one.

Corbin- 21

Boyle- 17

I totally agree about Boyle’s staff. I just found it funny that some folks were saying Corbin would get “blown” out by Central. They need to actually watch a team more than once. Friday’s game should be a good one.

I knew Corbin would give Central all they wanted and said as much in the pregame thread.

Ok someone explain. 2 weeks ago Central blows Belfry out and all everyone on here could say was Central laying claim to the title. Corbin beats Central and now plays Boyle and now Boyle suppose to blow Corbin out? I don't think so. I saw Corbin once this year and they are a solid team all the way around. Not saying they cannot be beat but to me they should be the favored team. Since they beat the team most were saying had the title wrapped up. Just my opinion

Ok someone explain. 2 weeks ago Central blows Belfry out and all everyone on here could say was Central laying claim to the title. Corbin beats Central and now plays Boyle and now Boyle suppose to blow Corbin out? I don't think so. I saw Corbin once this year and they are a solid team all the way around. Not saying they cannot be beat but to me they should be the favored team. Since they beat the team most were saying had the title wrapped up. Just my opinion

Not everyone on here said Central was laying claim to the title.

Where did you see that Boyle is suppose to blow out Corbin? I went back and re-read the thread and I can't find it.

I think Corbin's passing game is going to give them an advantage in this one. Boyles pass defense has improved steadily this season but this will be the best QB they have faced with multiple weapons to throw the ball too.

Yeah cause the kid from Wayne County, the one from Lex Cath and Thornton from Danville really aren’t that skilled.

Yeah cause the kid from Wayne County, the one from Lex Cath and Thornton from Danville really aren’t that skilled.

Never said the kids you mentioned were not skilled. Just look at Corbin's stats, they run a pass heavy offense. Boyle's defense is built to stop the run first. Of the teams we have played so far in the playoffs this offense is the most capable of challenging our D-backs.

Never said the kids you mentioned were not skilled. Just look at Corbin's stats, they run a pass heavy offense. Boyle's defense is built to stop the run first. Of the teams we have played so far in the playoffs this offense is the most capable of challenging our D-backs.

I would think the receivers from Danville and Lexington Catholic would have more speed than Corbin's receivers and I would bet that E-Town's receivers are as fast as the Corbin receivers and Boyle's secondary had 3 interceptions last night, and Boyle didn't have any problem keeping up with any them so I think our pass defense will be fine.

I think these two teams are pretty much evenly matched. I think it will come down to QB play. Which one handles the big game pressure the best and can make the plays in the 4th quarter with game on the line. I'll take the senior and take Corbin 24-17.