#2 Boyle County vs. #3 Corbin (3A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

3A State Championship Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. 3A State Championship Who wins?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not right to place the home sections on both goal lines. In-between the 25 yard lines will be reserve seating and it should be for the home team.

Now I have not been to Kroger field since the upgrades and not sure how the layout is, but the teams fans on the home side should not be forced to sit towards the goal lines.

The layout in that section is premium seating which just happens to be the only place in the stadium. I think to be fair they are offered to everyone even though this section is only on the home side.

So anyway back to the game at hand I expect nothing less than a 4 quarter slug fest of the finest football this state has to offer. This might be the best game in the state tourney not to say that other wont be or cant be but I think with out a doubt this one will be great. This is going to be the longest week in the history of the world I am already board waiting on Friday to get here.

$13 for admission and parking is too much? You're kidding, right?

Tickets where $10 each last year at Western and then you had to pay to park. Most places you had to park at last year charged $10 a car. Ends up being about the same as this year.

This should be a really good matchup.

Boyle was in a knockdown dragout with Etown in the Semis and should prepare them well for the title fight.

Corbin held off Central down the stretch which should also prepare them for the title fight.

Statistically these team are pretty even on both sides of the ball. To me, that makes the game decided by special teams, turnovers, and/or penalties.

Hope this one plays out as a classic. Both of these teams deserve this.

Boyle County turnover margin....anybody know what it is?

I think at the first Lex Cath game it was +13. I am willing to bet it is over +25 at this point. A staggering number for sure.

Not sure how many turnovers Boyle has on the season, but their defense has generated 38 turnovers on the season 23 interceptions with 6 returned for TD'S, and 15 fumble recoveries with 1 returned for TD. They have really made teams pay for their mistakes.

Not sure how many turnovers Boyle has on the season, but their defense has generated 38 turnovers on the season 23 interceptions with 6 returned for TD'S, and 15 fumble recoveries with 1 returned for TD. They have really made teams pay for their mistakes.

It was the difference in the game last week. Boyle was +2. Kaden Gervacio's 4th quarter pick setup the game winning score and Clete Hellyer's pick nailed Etown's coffin shut.

Unless someone's not reporting on KHSAA I have Boyle with the following in the giveaway/takeaway count.

Boyle has lost 4 Fumbles all year. Lanter has thrown 4 interceptions all season.

The Rebel Defense has 23 Interceptions on the season and 15 Fumble recoveries.

That would be 38 takeaways and 8 giveaways for a +30 in the turnover department. Wow.

If I've added right on KHSAA, Corbin has 14 Interceptions and 12 Fumble recoveries on Defense on the year.

They have given it away on 9 fumbles and 5 Interceptions.

That's 26 Takeaways to 14 Giveaways for a +12 in that category. Impressive as well. It seems that both teams value the football a lot.

Unless someone's not reporting on KHSAA I have Boyle with the following in the giveaway/takeaway count.

Boyle has lost 4 Fumbles all year. Lanter has thrown 4 interceptions all season.

That would be 38 takeaways and 8 giveaways for a +30 in the turnover department. Wow.

I knew Lanter only had 4 interceptions on the season but I didn't know how many fumbles the team had.

Great Job Hatz!! That is some high quality research.

Boyle and Danville both had 3 turnovers in the head to head matchup and Boyle lost.

So Boyle is undefeated when they win the turnover margin. I may stick with that thesis in my prediction post.