#2 Boyle County vs. #3 Corbin (3A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

3A State Championship Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. 3A State Championship Who wins?

I have been told unofficially the upper team in the KHSAA bracket is the home team.

If true Boyle will be the home team, Corbin the visitors.

As soon as I have this verified I will update this post.

After looking at the KHSAA website, there are several discrepancies as to who is who. At this point I revise my earlier statement to a BIG I HAVE NO IDEA!:idunno:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the KHSAA website, there are several discrepancies as to who is who. At this point I revise my earlier statement to a BIG I HAVE NO IDEA!:idunno:

After doing some researched I can't find anything either. But, was able to see that Belfry was wearing white last year. So, if this is alternating than I assume the east will be home. Which would mean Corbin(home) in Red and Boyle (away)in white. Again only going by the pics from last year.

Boyle will be the visitor...I think Boyle matches up better with Corbin than a team like Etown or Central as does Corbin matches up better with Boyle than they did Central. I talked to someone in the Etown program and they said They couldn’t block Kelly and Paycheck up front to establish any kind of run game,Coach Brown even talked about it in his interview. Corbin will also have difficulty,it will be the best defense they have played against. For that reason I’m picking Boyle 24–14 in a close one.

Corbin has to establish the line of scrimmage. They get Boyle's front blocked, they win; they don't, they lose. Sizemore throws a nice deep ball and it's especially effective when Corbin can run it.

Corbin needs to control the clock and tempo. The Redhound defense is vicious when it's fresh. Noah Taylor, Ethyn Simms, and Grant Gibson have been all over the field throughout the year. Taylor looked like a man possessed at Central.

Fulfill these keys and don't turn the ball over, I like Corbin 28-21.

Boyle has a big plus in getting Aaron Hatter back at defensive end. He is a handful as well at 6'4" 235 aggressive and can run. We missed him at times against E-town. Looks like a great matchup with Corbin. The winner will certainly have to bring their A game and sustain it for the full 48 minutes.

Boyle has a big plus in getting Aaron Hatter back at defensive end. He is a handful as well at 6'4" 235 aggressive and can run. We missed him at times against E-town. Looks like a great matchup with Corbin. The winner will certainly have to bring their A game and sustain it for the full 48 minutes.

I agree, Boyle definitely missed Hatter on defense against E-Town, He's an absolute force on defense.

For Boyle Fans:

We are the visitors and sit on the North Side (Cooper Drive) and should park in the Green Lot.

Stadium opens up at 6:00. No one is allowed in prior to. Teams begin warm up 50 minutes prior to kickoff.

General admissions ticket is all you need and are $13 through Wednesday and include your parking. Tickets go up to $16 on Thursday. Please purchase your tickets online. If you wait to buy tickets at Kroger Field, expect long lines and be prepared to pay $10 for parking.

For Boyle Fans:

We are the visitors and sit on the North Side (Cooper Drive) and should park in the Green Lot.

Stadium opens up at 6:00. No one is allowed in prior to. Teams begin warm up 50 minutes prior to kickoff.

General admissions ticket is all you need and are $13 through Wednesday and include your parking. Tickets go up to $16 on Thursday. Please purchase your tickets online. If you wait to buy tickets at Kroger Field, expect long lines and be prepared to pay $10 for parking.

Will the high school have tickets for sale like they always do?

Anyone watch the "Dustyn Sams Visions" videos for the Corbin football team? The videos are really good and worth the watch. I really like the guy who does the motivational speeches for the team before every game. He fires me up. Makes me want to pad up.

The guy giving the pregame speech is former Redhound Greg Taylor, whose son is now a rookie for the 49ers and starting at WR.