CFP Rankings Discussion 11/21

GrantNKY

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no polls aren't usually for who deserves to be where. If it was based on who deserves to be where osu wouldn't be where they are. It's about who people think are better and people see the talent on osu and that's why they are where they are. It's not because they deserve to be. Polls imo have little to do with teams deserving it. They should be that way, but as it is now it's not.
Ok. That's exactly what they are for.

More talent doesn't mean better. Osu probably the most or second most talented team in the country but yet they got blitzed twice. You said Penn State would destroy wsu. I simply said why I think you are wrong. But ok then...

Penn State would blitz WSU. They would win by at least 2 TDs.

Darn I forgot, the team with more potential draft picks wins. Forgot to tell Pitt that today.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. If you go back you will find I said talented. Penn State is a better team as well, but again I simply stated talented.

I didn't say better. I said more talented. Penn State is better as well but for the sake of this discussion I stated specifically more talented.

That would all be well and good if you only talked about talent. You then in the same paragraph went on to add washington state would get blitzed by Penn State. Hence the replies you got, pretty simple.

That would all be well and good if you only talked about talent. You then in the same paragraph went on to add washington state would get blitzed by Penn State. Hence the replies you got, pretty simple.

Yeah I added that on the end. Penn State is a better team. But I specially cited talent.

I agree that Talent while important is only one piece of the puzzle. Pitt two years in a row has beaten the #1 team in the ACC, pretty sure their classes don't come close to Clemson or Miami's. Oklahoma is a perennial challenger to make the playoffs and they rarely have a top 10 class, in fact of the 5 classes currently making up the team only 1 was a top ten (8th) class and that was last years class. Where does Iowa's classes or Syracuse's classes rank?

Talent is a piece of it, but in many cases a vastly over rated piece of it.