Duke 88 Michigan State 81

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it works like that - Bagley plays the whole game no way Allen goes for as many points. Duke may actiually have been less efficient with Bagley in the game as there is only one ball and 3 points count more than 2.

Quick question - how many times did Allen score going to his right?

Hint - it's a very low number. Kid is great pulling up going left. To his right it's all set shots and drives. Teams will pick up on that, and things will get more challenging for Grayson. From there...

It's early. Duke is talented, and their legs are fresh.

Hint, Grayson Allen isn't a freshmen, if they aren't picking up on thought by his senior year....... I doubt it changes much, the kid can shoot, don't leave him open, at all.

Duke is solid and very deep. Duval looks like a veteran PG already and as much as I hate Allen the boy can shoot. Bagley is going to be a monster, and working with another solid big man in Carter they are going to be tough all around. I didn't understand a couple of things from MSU last night. Hicks (44) was tearing it up down low and then he sat the bench for a long time in the 2nd half. Keep him in and get Carter fouled out and Duke has no inside presense. I also didn't understand why Bridges stayed outside the perimeter the majority of the game. As big and talented as he is, I thought he should have been slashing and drawing fouls with Duke in foul trouble. There was a point midway through the 2nd half that Duke had 2 guys on the court with 4 fouls and MSU was in double bonus. Carter got his 4th foul not much later and MSU still didn't take the ball at the guys in foul trouble. Overall though, it was an awesome game with 2 potential final 4 teams.