Trade Vetoes and Midseason Rule Changes

DragonFire

I personally thought that one was untenable. I get that Mixon only touched it ten times last game, but before that he'd been given at least 15 every game since the OC changeover. He's seen as possibly the most talented of the RBs in this awesome rookie class - debatable but has been suggested - and is considered the #1 in a better spot of the timeshare. People have and continue to speculate that it's only a matter of time before he's completely handed the keys, and things have trended in that direction. He averaged 6.9 YPC last week against Pittsburgh but was inexplicably not handed the ball in the second half. He is trending up.

Martavis Bryant has 18 catches on the year. For reference, that is four more than Mixon has as an RB. Bryant hasn't scored since Week 2, has topped 30 yards only once since then (it was 48), and has created so much discontent that he has been demoted to the scout team and will be a healthy inactive this week. He is trending down.

Smallwood has been hurt, is just the third down back, and is currently in a three way timeshare where he probably is not going to be given the keys.

Mixon is a startable back. Smallwood is borderline, and there are major concerns with his durability. Bryant is almost completely worthless. To me, the person getting Mixon is dominating. Everyone doesn't necessarily view it that way, hence the problem with team vetoes.

Mixon is averaging roughly 8-9 points a game. Smallwood has averaged ~7. Throw in Bryant, who isn't going to be on the practice squad for long, and it's absolutely even, if not tilted the other way.

Guy from work is in a league that doesnt do vetoes. Trade just happened of Mixon for Zeke. Worse than the trade in our BGP league this year.

Well, at the very least it could be argued that someone could be afraid to lose Zeke for 6 weeks, including one playoff game now. It's a risk by both parties.

Guy from work is in a league that doesnt do vetoes. Trade just happened of Mixon for Zeke. Worse than the trade in our BGP league this year.

At least the possible suspension muddies that one some. I thought about making a lowball offer for him last week when it sounded like his suspension was back on.

To add to my earlier, I've now come to find out that even though it showed the full commissioner as the one who changed the rule, it was the deputy who did it (the one involved in the trade). When I asked if he planned to reverse it or if he did it just to create a discussion, he informed me it was a done deal and that the league wasn't a democracy. Makes my choice pretty cut and dry.

I admit I take fantasy football too seriously, but when there's money involved, there has to be rules and trust. And they've both been broken.

Yeah. That's not cool at all and wouldn't go over well with me.

Drop that league. I'm commissioner in all leagues I'm in minus BGP. I couldnt take all the bad commissioners in leagues. It's an awful job because it is a thankless job but I have so much more fun in leagues where I know stupid stuff wont happen.

I am with you. Definitely a thankless job but I enjoy it and try to mimic @Godot.

Mixon is averaging roughly 8-9 points a game. Smallwood has averaged ~7. Throw in Bryant, who isn't going to be on the practice squad for long, and it's absolutely even, if not tilted the other way.

Mixon is averaging 10.95 points since the swap in the OC. Smallwood had a boom game of 17.9, a midlevel of 9 in the game Sproles got hurt, and 5.9 in his return. He's averaging about the same, but he's still trapped in an offense where his role is much, much less than Mixon's.

This will be a to each their own thing, but if I see both on the waiver wire and have to choose, there's no doubt I'm taking Mixon. I think there's few who would disagree. And while Bryant won't be on the practice squad long, he was already going the wrong way all year long. Everyone just assumed he'd step back in and be who he was before the suspension but that hasn't happened. He wasn't even the #2, got mad, got demoted.

I usually consult CBS's Trade Value chart among other rest of the season ranks when evaluating my own trades. They've got Mixon as a 17 in full point PPR. Smallwood a 9. Martavis - unrated. On FantasyPros they have an aggregate rest of the season rank projection (so, opinions like all the rest). Mixon is listed at 18th most desirable RB. Smallwood is 52nd. Bryant is the 47th WR on that list. I don't view that as even at all. But again, these are opinions.

I have Mixon and Smallwood in my PPR league and gave started Mixon 4-5 times and have yet to play Smallwood. I view Mixon as the higher floor and ceiling going forward. Philly just doesn’t run it enough and Blount eats too many carries. With Bryant ineffective and benched he’s worth a lowball or waiver claim but that’s about it.

Now, if the 0-5 guy is throwing a Hail Mary here and gambling in hopes of getting two players with breakout potential then it’s a fine trade. But if the co-commissioner leaned on the 0-5 guy to give up a starting RB for scraps then it’s definitely collusion, and it sounds more like that’s what happened.

It’s been my experience when someone colludes they still try to cover their tracks by giving *something* up (not a kicker for Bell or something) but still getting what they want in a way that doesn’t hurt their team at all.

I'm not in a league that has a veto process and would think twice before joining one. I've been commish for 20 years and I must approve all trades and even though some have been lopsided, I've never encountered a trade that even appeared to reek of collusion. Other owners should never have the opportunity to veto as they have their own agendas and don't want to see another team improve or at least appear to improve through a trade.

I'm not in a league that has a veto process and would think twice before joining one. I've been commish for 20 years and I must approve all trades and even though some have been lopsided, I've never encountered a trade that even appeared to reek of collusion. Other owners should never have the opportunity to veto as they have their own agendas and don't want to see another team improve or at least appear to improve through a trade.

Welcome back