Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle football parents meet with superintendent, principal

Featured Replies

I have tried to determine where this attitude begins. Is it something that the players naturally have? Is it something that is instilled in the players from the coaches?

 

IMO a coach cannot instill that attitude. It comes from home/upbringing.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the coaches took out the varsity the other night due to an acceptance of sub standard play that is begining to emmit in their upper classmen. Transitions are never easy for upper classmen. This seems to be a motivation tactic on the part of the coach, which seems to have worked if the underclassmen scored. I think the bottom line is that the coach was sending a message, raise your level of play, or you CAN be replaced. Football is about challenges and adversity. The challenge has been presented.

Whether they are right or wrong parents caring is never a bad thing I just hope the powers to be use some common sense in there deciscions.

I have heard that the coaches took out the varsity the other night due to an acceptance of sub standard play that is begining to emmit in their upper classmen. Transitions are never easy for upper classmen. This seems to be a motivation tactic on the part of the coach, which seems to have worked if the underclassmen scored. I think the bottom line is that the coach was sending a message, raise your level of play, or you CAN be replaced. Football is about challenges and adversity. The challenge has been presented.

 

Remember the good ole days when your parents helped you overcome that adversity instead of running to the Superintendent and Principal to complain?

I just think it is great that there is community involvement at Boyle County from the parents, alumni, school leaders or whoever. It may or may not be misguided involvement, but it is involvement. I wish Jefferson County schools had more community involvement. It would make for better high school football and most of all a better experience for the kids.

 

The parents have a right to question anything. It is up to school officials (superintended) to let the parents know if it is appropriate or not. You would hope that the parents have the right reasons for voicing concerns but in the end good school leadership will have all priorities moving in the same direction.

 

Hats off to all the Boyle County programs on such great community support for your teams.

Anyone who has watched Boyle County play over the past 10 years during the "Chuck Smith" era until the present would have to acknowledge 2 distinct patterns with their program.

 

1. For whatever reason the attention to detail and the little things that Chucks teams did that won close games and made games that should have been close not so close do not exist. The Boyle program today compared to the Boyle program just 2 years ago is not the same. Is this coaching, is this the players, I do not know. Chuck Smith was a "special" coach that did something that could never be duplicated.

 

2. The talent level in the Senior and Junior Class is a far cry from the talent level that has been cycling through Boyle County for the past 10 years. The only season that I can think of that had 1 or 2 talented players and a bunch of team players in the senior class with them was the year that Duggins was a senior, I think they had 4 seniors that year. But that year they had a very deep and talented Junior Class. Boyle has had talented Sophomore classes come through like the one that they have now, but the program was full of talented, mature, WINNING, upperclassmen who kept the pressure and the need for making big plays off of the Soph.'s.

 

I think Boyle's biggest problem right now is that they simply do not have the overall talent that they have had and they are not the "well oiled machine" that we have come to know. With that said, according to some rankings Boyle has played the 9th toughest schedule in the state. What some people are missing is that 3 or 4 years ago they would have been 6-0 against the 9th toughest schedule, but like I mentioned above there are 2 reasons I feel that they are not the team they used to be.

 

Could be right could be wrong, but just my opinion.

I just think it is great that there is community involvement at Boyle County from the parents, alumni, school leaders or whoever.

 

I'll never understand this. What's great about causing problems in the middle of the season? Again, committed a crime, unethical or immoral behavior I'm all for it but for sitting some Seniors...no way! That's why there's an offseason.

Remember the good ole days when your parents helped you overcome that adversity instead of running to the Superintendent and Principal to complain?

Yes I do. I remember the days when parents had higher expectations of performance in their own children, rather than wondering why Johnny is sad when he comes home because a coach pushed him out of his comfort zone. I know these kids at Boyle are used to being pushed. I just don't think the community was ready for the motivation factor that occured last week. Their is no better motivation than replacement.:scared:

I'll never understand this. What's great about causing problems in the middle of the season? Again, committed a crime, unethical or immoral behavior I'm all for it but for sitting some Seniors...no way! That's why there's an offseason.

I would have to agree. Starting trouble like this in the middle of the year is anything but positive for the team's sucess the rest of the season.:thumb:

Interesting that Boyle County (along with a handful of others) was held up by the Private School supporters throughout the winter as an example of a public school (and pretty much the only rural public school) that can/has shown they can compete with the private schools on a year in and year out basis.

 

And then this.

 

 

Sticky, you just knew I was going to bring it around to this didn't ya??:D

Just a note... I have heard people on BGP say wait till the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grades get up to varsity and mature.... they all lost this week with blowouts at Lex. Cath. (JV), and Danville (middle school). This might be a perpetual cycle, because i think this is a blatant indictment of the fact that talent can carry you only so far. Time for the coaches to start coaching like they did 3 years ago and players to start working like they did 3 years ago. Whether or not anyone likes it, BC is 1-5 and equal blame is to go around.

 

 

ONCE again someone commenting on something they don't know that much about.

 

The JV team that Boyle is playing is a freshman team, with four "starters out due to injury/sickness," and practically all of the sophomores play varsity. Lex Cath was a soph. junior dominated team. (20 some soph., 10-12 juniors). The middle school had four to five kids that are "starters" sitting due to breaking team rules. Learn what is going on before trying to make statements that aren't entirely correct. And the 7th grade team beat Bate on Tuesday, and the freshman team beat Rockcastle on Saturday. I believe that puts them at 2-2. Get the facts straight please. And the varsity rolls tonight against Pulaski County. Go Rebs!

Interesting that Boyle County (along with a handful of others) was held up by the Private School supporters throughout the winter as an example of a public school (and pretty much the only rural public school) that can/has shown they can compete with the private schools on a year in and year out basis.

 

And then this.

 

 

Sticky, you just knew I was going to bring it around to this didn't ya??:D

 

You've been waiting for this opportunity for a long time, haven't you? :irked:

Boyle fans I can share with you a story that may make you feel better. In 1993 Legendary Mayfield Coach Jack Morris decides to retire. Much like Smith, Morris is the guy who took the Mayfield program to the next level. The new coach came from within the program, assistant Paul Leahy. Leahy began his Mayfield coaching career by getting beat by a small school who had never beat Mayfield before then his Mayfield team went on to a 1-3 start for the first time since the early 1970's. People were grumbling everywhere wanting Leahy's head. Leahy never gave up and the team went on to win the 1993 AA state title. So hang in there guys there is still plenty of time left to get things going on the field

This is not a public / private issue. Let's not turn it into one.

Bottom line, pulling this in the middle of the season is ridiculous. Unless the guy committed a crime, was immoral, unethical or had any other issue, you don't lead this distraction...period.

 

:thumb: I agree Sticky....seems when the chips are down people want to hang the coach..... almost straight out of the movie "Friday Night Lights"...are they putting For Sale Signs in the coach's front yard yet. :banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.