Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle football parents meet with superintendent, principal

Featured Replies

Where is Chuck at now

UK's Linebacker Coach.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot of people have blown the situation at Boyle out of porportion. They have taken there anger out on the coaches, and I personally don't think its the coaches fault. It's just Boyle's program is so use to wins, that they have trouble adapting to losses, and a slow re-building process. The fans and parents at Boyle both need a lesson on paitience. Boyle will be fine in years to come. All this meeting and complaining is doing is making the program look bad.

The only thing missing is an emotional Jimmy Chitwood standing to declare "Coach goes, I go. Coach stays, I play".:lol:

The only thing missing is an emotional Jimmy Chitwood standing to declare "Coach goes, I go. Coach stays, I play".:lol:

That's funny.

I'll never understand this. What's great about causing problems in the middle of the season? Again, committed a crime, unethical or immoral behavior I'm all for it but for sitting some Seniors...no way! That's why there's an offseason.

 

Do you know it is trouble?

Whether the Boyle parents should have contacted the super and the principal is a tough question.

 

On one hand, I love the fact that the parents care enough about their children and the state of Boyle football to not sit idly by and accept what they perceive as problems. In my opinion, more parents at more schools need to make it certain that they will not accept poor coaching and the sorry state of football at their schools (and I'm not stating that either of such cases is present at Boyle. I don't know Pardue and don't know what is going on with the program, but if some parents perceive that to be the case, then they did the right thing).

 

On the other hand, parents need to let the coaches make the determination whom is to play and whom is to not play.

 

It really falls on the administration to be always willing to listen to parents complaints, look into the complaints by talking to the coaches and observing the actions of the coaches, and then responding appropriately.

 

If the complaints are not bona fide, the administrators need to bring the parents back in and explain why they are not (i.e., "your son, a senior, was not putting forth the effort that the coach requires. The coach will not play your son just because he is a senior, rather he owes it to the program and the other young men on the team to put the players on the field most capable of producing wins this year, and I support him in that position"). On the other hand, if the head coach has simply written off this season and is trying to season the young players for next year, the Administration should do something about it. And it really isn't that difficult for the Administration to make that determination. Sure the administrators will have to watch some practices, ask a few questions of players, etc., but they should be able to find out if the coach is accurate in his assessment, without having to just take the coach's word on it.

 

I'm confident that the Boyle administrators will look into the complaints and do what is best for the program as they fully understand the importance of their football program not only to its players, but its entire school. And iff that means making a coaching change, they'll do it. This year mayturn to be a simple bump in the highway of what is a premier football program in Ky and I'm not yet willing to write them off for this year. Way to much pride and committment in the Rebels to do that.

I wonder if the parents would have a 'sit down' with the principal and superintendent if the Chemistry, Biology, Calculus or English classes weren't meeting their expectations...

I'll be at the game tonight to support this team! I believe in these kids! I believe in the abilities of the coaching staff! I believe in this program. This is the time when we fans must start yelling for our team, win or lose.

Do you know it is trouble?

 

No matter the issue, parents complaining to the Super and Principal in mid-season is trouble...

I'll be at the game tonight to support this team! I believe in these kids! I believe in the abilities of the coaching staff! I believe in this program. This is the time when we fans must start yelling for our team, win or lose.

You are absolutely right! These are high school kids playing a high school game.. support the students and support the program... good luck to BC.

ONCE again someone commenting on something they don't know that much about.

 

The JV team that Boyle is playing is a freshman team, with four "starters out due to injury/sickness," and practically all of the sophomores play varsity. Lex Cath was a soph. junior dominated team. (20 some soph., 10-12 juniors). The middle school had four to five kids that are "starters" sitting due to breaking team rules. Learn what is going on before trying to make statements that aren't entirely correct. And the 7th grade team beat Bate on Tuesday, and the freshman team beat Rockcastle on Saturday. I believe that puts them at 2-2. Get the facts straight please. And the varsity rolls tonight against Pulaski County. Go Rebs!

 

Once again you maintaint the stance that you know more about everything than anybody. The arrogance....sshhheeesshhh. The facts were straight.... they lost! That is the fact, im sorry some kids are sick, injured, etc. but Boyle has always won with injuries. Its nothing new and it should not be used as an excuse.

Anyone who has watched Boyle County play over the past 10 years during the "Chuck Smith" era until the present would have to acknowledge 2 distinct patterns with their program.

 

1. For whatever reason the attention to detail and the little things that Chucks teams did that won close games and made games that should have been close not so close do not exist. The Boyle program today compared to the Boyle program just 2 years ago is not the same. Is this coaching, is this the players, I do not know. Chuck Smith was a "special" coach that did something that could never be duplicated.

 

2. The talent level in the Senior and Junior Class is a far cry from the talent level that has been cycling through Boyle County for the past 10 years. The only season that I can think of that had 1 or 2 talented players and a bunch of team players in the senior class with them was the year that Duggins was a senior, I think they had 4 seniors that year. But that year they had a very deep and talented Junior Class. Boyle has had talented Sophomore classes come through like the one that they have now, but the program was full of talented, mature, WINNING, upperclassmen who kept the pressure and the need for making big plays off of the Soph.'s.

 

I think Boyle's biggest problem right now is that they simply do not have the overall talent that they have had and they are not the "well oiled machine" that we have come to know. With that said, according to some rankings Boyle has played the 9th toughest schedule in the state. What some people are missing is that 3 or 4 years ago they would have been 6-0 against the 9th toughest schedule, but like I mentioned above there are 2 reasons I feel that they are not the team they used to be.

 

Could be right could be wrong, but just my opinion.

 

The 99 champs had 3 seniors, the 03 had like 5 too. Talent does come in cycles but Boyle has always had about 2 or 3 great players surrounded by solid team players. I see this team no different then the rest, talent wise, which means something else is lacking.

Boyle rolls tonight 57-0. Hopefully things can begin to turn back to normal now. To all the haters, the problems that have been here will be solved in the community. Thank you for your support, we are now even stronger now knowing so many have you shown your true colors hoping for the downfall of Boyle County. I feel bad for adressing my feelings after last Friday's loss. I should have known so many people would run with it and say whatever to blow it wayyyy out of proportion. Meetings that normally happen every year become bigger news. You guys ever heard of booster meetings? Sometimes boosters have private meetings, but sometimes in small cities some things are never a secret. It's not a secret how many people were disappointed after last Friday. It's also not a secret about some of the problems with the program. Hopefully those problems will still be resolved as I feel they will. I just felt like somebody had to say something because I know those close to the program saw a lot of the same things I saw. I have no more comments left on the issues. I'll just wait and see how things play out. The absurdity of the posts on here are driving me insane, so I shall move on.

 

Congrats Rebels on returning to form. I hope for even better days in the near future. To all the posters that are actually from Boyle County and know what you are talking about, I'll see you soon.

 

Go REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100%!!:thumb: ... When Boyle Co was winning, there were still upset parents over something... not all parents were happy back then, but the team was successful so who would dare say anything?!?... but now that they're on a bit of a losing streak the fans/parents are ready to pounce!

 

I agree... the kids' best interests should be at heart... wonder if the parents practice what they preach?!?

 

PITIFUL!!:rolleyes:

 

oh yeh... think about this too... the parents requesting this meeting with the Superintendent in the middle of the season is horrible! This meeting alone is yet another distraction to the kids and the football program! They could have addressed their concerns with the Superintendent at the end of the season... this also doesn't speak well of the Supt. IMO. How can coaches and players concentrate when junk like this goes on?!

Well said. These concerns should come at the end of the season. Why cause distractions to the team. All this does is cause lack of confidence in the coach from the players.

Once again you maintaint the stance that you know more about everything than anybody. The arrogance....sshhheeesshhh. The facts were straight.... they lost! That is the fact, im sorry some kids are sick, injured, etc. but Boyle has always won with injuries. Its nothing new and it should not be used as an excuse.

 

 

Just making a point that they were 2-2 in the last week, didn't mean to make excuses.

 

But yes, they were 2-2, and I think the JV plays the X today and tomorrow.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.