Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle football parents meet with superintendent, principal

Featured Replies

...but for sitting some Seniors...no way! That's why there's an offseason.
I think there's a lot of underlying issues. Hopefully, they'll all be resolved quickly and to everyone's satisfaction...if that's possible. :rolleyes:
  • Replies 106
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will likely be resolved at graduation in May.

It will likely be resolved at graduation in May.

 

Graduation has made more than one team a much better team the next season.:thumb:

I think there's a lot of underlying issues. :rolleyes:

 

I agree, and know this to be true... :thumb:

It will likely be resolved at graduation in May.

 

Again this has nothing to do with the current Sr. class. :rolleyes:

This reminds me: I think my son is playing out of position and the coach exercised some bad play calling last week...I need to get on the phone with our superintendent!

Honestly I cannot believe this has transpired. If this is about the kids then I think they are learning a poor life lesson. I agree with a previous post that if the coach had done something immoral or illegal then by all means relieve him of his duties today. If it is about who's playing or not playing and wins/losses, then bite your lip and do your best to support them (which I would bet 90+% of the Boyle Co. fans are doing). If the people in charge (which does not include the parents) are not happy with the results this season, then fire the coach at season's end.

This is a surprise. However I would like for the Boyle fans to learn that you can not always be a dynatsy in high school sports. Sure they do last longer then college and professional dynatsy's but you will have them down years everyone talks about. Also Caoch pardue is under a lot of pressure anytime you have to take over the program that Chuck Smith built it is hard to live up to. I urge the fans to give it time and everything will work out the team is still in great shape. Someset 2 years ago went 5-6 a year after they won the District the next year they are a game away from state. These things happen you must deal with them though.

This reminds me: I think my son is playing out of position and the coach exercised some bad play calling last week...I need to get on the phone with our superintendent!

Honestly I cannot believe this has transpired. If this is about the kids then I think they are learning a poor life lesson. I agree with a previous post that if the coach had done something immoral or illegal then by all means relieve him of his duties today. If it is about who's playing or not playing and wins/losses, then bite your lip and do your best to support them (which I would bet 90+% of the Boyle Co. fans are doing). If the people in charge (which does not include the parents) are not happy with the results this season, then fire the coach at season's end.

And if they do fire the coach at the season's end after that short of a time period, good luck getting another good coach in the position. I don't care how many championships you have won.

And if they do fire the coach

 

Where did you ever hear that Boyle might fire their coach? Boyle will not fire Coach Perdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you ever hear that Boyle might fire their coach? Boyle will not fire Coach Perdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never say never.

 

The coach of the girls basketball team at Shelby County had tremendous success and took his team to several state tournaments. After one of those trips, they fired him and was quoted in the paper "they wanted to go another direction." We wondered what was the other direction besides going to the state tournament.

Where did you ever hear that Boyle might fire their coach? Boyle will not fire Coach Perdue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't. I was replying to a post that said firing should be done after the season by those in charge. I know they will not fire their coach after this season, although I think some selfish individuals are calling for his head already.

Never say never.

 

I Never said..Never

Sorry to hear about what happend at Shelby County.

 

I can't speak about years down the road or what happens after today, but Coach Perdue will not be fired for anything that has happend as to date.

If it was a simply case of parents being upset at the record then it would be embarassing to the BC community. Since it isn't that simple, then it isn't embarrassing to the BC community or it isn't to this poster. I think that people need to understand that it isn't about a win loss situation. Oh you might hear that it is, but it isn't. I've known for a long time that there is way more things important in life than a game and I hope that the right people start to understand that also. I would hope that before people continue to yell "foul on the parents, team and fans", they would take the time to hear from all that is involved - the players. I would also hope that as parents, people would put themselves into the situation that some of these parents find themselves in, and then come back and let them know what you think.

 

 

Great post!!! People need to realize there is always 2 sides to the story and the people who were there are the only ones who know what it's all about.

This is the problem with high school sports. Too many times I hear "they're not doing good so lets fire the whole staff!" It's really absurd and the worst part about it is they are letting the parents decide what to do, probably the majority of which have no understanding of what it takes to run a successful program. Now if the meeting is just to reassure the parents that times are rough and they are working through them is one thing, but a town hall to oust the coaching staff is embarrassing for the principle, superintendent, and the parents. Have some faith in your coaching staff and players that they can make a positive out of this season and work to make the wrongs rights. Simply firing your staff because you go 1-5 is not the answer to your probems. Parents tell their children to never give up and strive for their children to rise up when their back is against the wall, then they turn around and criticize someone else for trying to do the very same thing. Everyone involved in this meeting should be ashamed of themselves.

This agitates me as a coach. Parents think they rule everything and due to politics they usually do. All it takes is parents complaining to get people in trouble. Go ahead and fire Coach Pardue, good luck finding someone with his experience, unless he wants to take a major pay cut Chuck ain't coming back.

 

Where is Chuck at now

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.