NBA Draft Reform

NBA Draft Reform -The Ringer

Those organizations’ odds at getting a pick in the top three dip, as well: The bottom three teams will all have a 40 percent chance at a top-three pick, as opposed to 64 percent, 56 percent, and 47 percent, respectively, from the current model. So a team could be the absolute worst in the entire league—we’re talking last season Brooklyn Nets bad—and it will have less than a 50 percent chance at cracking the top three. The team that finishes second-worst is not even fully guaranteed to hit within the top five anymore; now there’s a 20 percent chance it does not.

I'm a fan. Your thoughts?

That way you penalize the tankers to get the pick. You get the first pick but, lose x amount in the cap, and then stair step the hit on the cap up to a certian level, say pick 10. (just throwing out a number)

That works against making those teams better and keeping them out of the lottery by taking money that could be spent on bigger contract players.

From my perspective, the idea is to remove some of the incentive for losing. Not punish teams.

That works against making those teams better and keeping them out of the lottery by taking money that could be spent on bigger contract players.

From my perspective, the idea is to remove some of the incentive for losing. Not punish teams.

How so, if they want/need the cap money the team has to perform better and earn those funds back. Cant sit in the basement for years and years.