Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does your school play the National Anthem??

Featured Replies

I was at a game this past week and the National Athem wasn't played before the game. There was a flag on a pole at the far end of the field. I don't know if it was a tradition there not to play it or maybe the band there didn't know how to play it. I thought it got played at all sporting events. Has anyone heard of this or had it happen to them or heard of it happening??:confused:

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should be played.

It is always played at Rockcastle County sporting events.

Yes, Raceland always plays the National Anthem and has Prayer before each game.

I was at a game this past week and the National Athem wasn't played before the game. There was a flag on a pole at the far end of the field. I don't know if it was a tradition there not to play it or maybe the band there didn't know how to play it. I thought it got played at all sporting events. Has anyone heard of this or had it happen to them or heard of it happening??:confused:

I thought it was played at all schools. I know it is at mine and most (I think all) of the teams we play. Care to mention which school you are talking about?

I'm a firm believer in having either the band or a musical compact disc play the national anthem. When people "sing" their own version, they typically last forever and often the words are even wrong. Makes for an embarassing beginning to the game.

I'm a firm believer in having either the band or a musical compact disc play the national anthem. When people "sing" their own version, they typically last forever and often the words are even wrong. Makes for an embarassing beginning to the game.

I agree

It always is, at Highlands games--except for several weeks ago, when they kind of forgot. :cool:

It always is, at Highlands games--except for several weeks ago, when they kind of forgot. :cool:

How do you forget something like this. Highlands has played it FOREVER.:sleep:

It has always been played at every event Ive been to. If you were at an event with more than one game it usually only gets played before the first game. The one thing I don't like at football games is that it usually gets played before the teams come back on the field. I think all participants need to be on the field for it's playing.

How do you forget something like this. Highlands has played it FOREVER.:sleep:
Good question.

IDunno.gif

Is it a NFHS requirement, to be played at all sporting events in the U.S?

It should always be played, and hats should ALWAYS be removed. I can't stand to see people wearing hats during the anthem. During the MNF broadcast in New Orleans the PA guy even asked the crowd to take all hats off, they pan the audience and a bunch of fools are still wearing hats. Very disrespectful.

Thank God it still plays, and we still pray at my alma mater.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.