September 15, 20179 yr Being that they've both been home games, I haven't gotten to watch them but seeing that stats after, there is no way this team can be splitting carries three ways. Are you saying they haven't been splitting carries, or are you saying they shouldn't be?
September 15, 20179 yr Are you saying they haven't been splitting carries, or are you saying they shouldn't be? Sorry if that's worded funny. I mean that there is no way this team should be. Splitting two ways is enough, splitting three ways just seems like dumb football.
September 15, 20179 yr Two points I keep coming back to after sitting through that abomination last night. (Thankfully the tickets were free). 1. I don't have a target in mind, but I continue to be in the move on from Marvin camp. I worry about the Dusty Baker effect in that the grass isn't greener, but in my mind it has been apparent that change has been needed for years. 2. The Bengals haven't drafted well for a few years now. They earned the benefit of the doubt from me earlier this decade by putting together consecutive years of great drafting, but they have more or less struck out the past few years. That eventually catches up. Last night we had three first round corners, and in the 4th quarter an almost 34 year old Pac Man was covering Hopkins. Fischer and Ogbuehi are below average, and after a fumble on a run the first rounf receiver never touched the ball again to my knowledge.
September 15, 20179 yr Zampese calls games like if a high school coordinator got put in the booth and was terrified of screwing up. I realize our line - which gets immediately bull rushed right into Dalton, if not outright beat - limits things, but this garbage isn't sustainable. Green was exactly right last night. Speaking of getting your playmakers involved, I also thought it was stupid to avoid Ross after his fumble. He had the ball tucked and just got missiled, give him another stab to keep his confidence up. Could you imagine if Andy Reid benched Hunt last week? I know a lot has been said about our young tackles. However I feel like they are improving somewhat. I feel like the biggest problem from our line once again goes back to our horrible center. I also believe Boling needs a lot more blame, somehow he always gets left out of the blame. IMO he has never been that good in protection or run blocking. If we had a better center especially, I think all things would look bad. The young tackles are just the easy excuse and a cover up for a bigger problem. Which is our line coach is past his prime IMO, and has not changed with the times. He has not been good at developing lineman now in today's football. His evaluation of lineman also seems to be lacking. Our lines were horrible with Eric Guicheck, yet he kept using him. It wasn't until he was gone and replace with Kyle Cook when the line was good again. Yet he continues to stick with Bodine. Dalton is athletic enough to step up and move around if it was only pressure from the outside. However teams know if they get a good push up the middle. Dalton since he is not the tallest guy, struggles with pressure up the middle. The Interior line is a problem, and was a problem last year when Zeitler here too. Which all goes back to our horrible center play.
September 15, 20179 yr Two points I keep coming back to after sitting through that abomination last night. (Thankfully the tickets were free). 1. I don't have a target in mind, but I continue to be in the move on from Marvin camp. I worry about the Dusty Baker effect in that the grass isn't greener, but in my mind it has been apparent that change has been needed for years. 2. The Bengals haven't drafted well for a few years now. They earned the benefit of the doubt from me earlier this decade by putting together consecutive years of great drafting, but they have more or less struck out the past few years. That eventually catches up. Last night we had three first round corners, and in the 4th quarter an almost 34 year old Pac Man was covering Hopkins. Fischer and Ogbuehi are below average, and after a fumble on a run the first rounf receiver never touched the ball again to my knowledge. Disagree on them not drafting well the last few years. The only ones that stand out the most that they may have got wrong is the taking of two tackles in the 1st and 2nd round. As for Pac man on Hopkins, that is not a sign they drafted bad. That is more of a Marvin problem in that he refuses to play young guys, and loves his veterans. William Jackson should be in the game, but yet he won't make that change. William Jackson possibly may be the best cover guy on the team, but it doesn't mean he will play him.
September 15, 20179 yr Sorry if that's worded funny. I mean that there is no way this team should be. Splitting two ways is enough, splitting three ways just seems like dumb football. Completely agree! It doesn't allow any running back to get in a rhythm either. They need to go with Mixon as the main guy. Use Gio for certain situations, and Hill only for goal line plays. This whole rotating them per series is not working. I don't think it was a coincidence the running game looked a little bitter in the second half when they actually have Mixon a few series in a row.
September 15, 20179 yr Burficts hit and suspension is really hurting the team now. Too bad he doesn't play on offense.
September 15, 20179 yr Zampese calls games like if a high school coordinator got put in the booth and was terrified of screwing up. I realize our line - which gets immediately bull rushed right into Dalton, if not outright beat - limits things, but this garbage isn't sustainable. Green was exactly right last night. Speaking of getting your playmakers involved, I also thought it was stupid to avoid Ross after his fumble. He had the ball tucked and just got missiled, give him another stab to keep his confidence up. Could you imagine if Andy Reid benched Hunt last week? This was exactly what I said immediately after the fumble. I assumed maybe he got hurt because if not I think that was a massive failure by the Bengals.
September 15, 20179 yr Disagree on them not drafting well the last few years. The only ones that stand out the most that they may have got wrong is the taking of two tackles in the 1st and 2nd round. As for Pac man on Hopkins, that is not a sign they drafted bad. That is more of a Marvin problem in that he refuses to play young guys, and loves his veterans. William Jackson should be in the game, but yet he won't make that change. William Jackson possibly may be the best cover guy on the team, but it doesn't mean he will play him. Of course there are going to be more misses than hits, but they haven't had a decent draft since 2012. Cincinnati Bengals draft history - Wikipedia
September 15, 20179 yr We all know how this is going to play out. Mike Brown will make the decision to fire Marvin Lewis mid to late season, name one of the assistants as interim who will win 2-3 meaningless games and then hire him at bargain basement prices as the new head coach. At this point, if I'm a betting man, Paul Guenther will be the next HC. Which would be an absolute disaster of a hire.
September 15, 20179 yr Last night was very solid for beer selling. I am thinking it is going to be a tough year though. Less and less people are going to come and its hard to blame them. But the few people that show up will order lots and lots of beer... lol
September 15, 20179 yr Am I the only one wondering what Marvin sees in PacMan? I'm no expert but for me he is way more a liability (on and off the field) than not. Also quick stat, our Bungles are the first team since the 1939 Eagles to not score a TD in their first two home gsmes
September 15, 20179 yr Am I the only one wondering what Marvin sees in PacMan? I'm no expert but for me he is way more a liability (on and off the field) than not. Also quick stat, our Bungles are the first team since the 1939 Eagles to not score a TD in their first two home gsmes Pacman might be a bonehead off the field, but he's easily one of our best defenders. Thought he played really well last night considering he was on an island with one of the toughest receivers in the league.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.