Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texans 13 Bengals 9

Featured Replies

Hate to agree, but I'm pretty sure you are right...

 

I can't believe I watched that game. While I was rooting for the Bengals because I despise the Texans, I am blown away how far they have fallen. I'm slowly starting to think Bengals are just gonna have to blow it all up and start over. That team isn't gonna threaten for a Super Bowl for a while. Trade your players, get draft picks, new front office, new head coach, everything.

 

Agree and disagree. The current makeup of the team wouldn't. However doesn't mean blow it all up. I really like the defense and speed they shown on defense. Offense they have playmakers even though they don't use them right.

 

Their biggest problem is their head coach and offensive coordinator, and qb not mentally tough. So I would blow up the coaching staff, get rid of them all. Do whatever I could to get Josh Mcdaniels. Maybe hire Chuck Pagano as DC. Then as I have said a few times I would trade Dalton. Even if he plays like this most of the season, they probably still get a first rounder for him. Sign McCarron which would be cheaper than what we pay Dalton. Use that money to lock up Eifert and add a lineman in free agency and use the possibly both 1st round picks on lineman too.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did AJ Green get hurt? I don't remember seeing him in the second half after that first drive. I sense we are heading to a Corey Dillon/Carson Palmer moment with AJ. He is going to say I am out of here one way or another. He will be as classy as possible in the way he handles it, but he is going to get out of Cincinnati.

 

The Marvin era is fast coming to an end. Terrible play on the field and no apparent hopes for success. Empty seats in the stadium. That is a big factor. Unless something very unexpected happens, the countdown is on to the end of Marvin.

 

1 target in the 2nd half while the Texans were dealing with injuries to two of their best secondary players. Smart play calling. The one target was off by about 12 yards.

Looks like my golf game will improve this Fall... no need to waste a Sunday on football.

Agree and disagree. The current makeup of the team wouldn't. However doesn't mean blow it all up. I really like the defense and speed they shown on defense. Offense they have playmakers even though they don't use them right.

 

Their biggest problem is their head coach and offensive coordinator, and qb not mentally tough. So I would blow up the coaching staff, get rid of them all. Do whatever I could to get Josh Mcdaniels. Maybe hire Chuck Pagano as DC. Then as I have said a few times I would trade Dalton. Even if he plays like this most of the season, they probably still get a first rounder for him. Sign McCarron which would be cheaper than what we pay Dalton. Use that money to lock up Eifert and add a lineman in free agency and use the possibly both 1st round picks on lineman too.

 

What I really agree with is blowing up the coaching staff...

 

Obviously, they have a lot of good young players on both sides of the ball that I'd keep...

 

I wouldn't roll with McCarron if I were gonna give up on Dalton... why go with a very similar type QB...

 

Draft a more mobile QB and go that route if they change that position...

 

More mobile is looking like a must at this point anyway.

  • Author

This game was a lot like the one at PBS to years ago they lost to the Texans 10-6 I believe. The Texans was quarterbacked by the mighty Brian Hoyer that night. That was a primetime Monday night game as well.

So are you saying you'd rather keep Eifert over Zeitler? As an example of course.

 

Yes. Having Zeitler this year wasn't going to help this line. Having Whit and Zeitler last year didn't help this line. While the line is not great. The coordinator hasn't helped much. Plays he calls are not getting people open, making Dalton hang on to it.

 

I honestly thought the line wasn't horrible tonight. They weren't great but considering the players they were going against they didn't do as bad as expected. Dalton missing throws sure doesn't help.

What I really agree with is blowing up the coaching staff...

 

Obviously, they have a lot of good young players on both sides of the ball that I'd keep...

 

I wouldn't roll with McCarron if I were gonna give up on Dalton... why go with a very similar type QB...

 

Draft a more mobile QB and go that route if they change that position...

 

More mobile is looking like a must at this point anyway.

 

McCarron is very similar. Only difference is i feel McCarron would be more of a leader, and mentally can handle the big moments better. Which imo would make a big difference.

McCarron is very similar. Only difference is i feel McCarron would be more of a leader, and mentally can handle the big moments better. Which imo would make a big difference.

 

I just have a feeling he would lose the same number of games... the scheme is horrible.

 

Far too often, guys are not getting open....

 

Even the throws Dalton missed, if McCaron hits those... it doesn't guarantee a win... maybe 2 more first downs...

 

Dalton made a great scramble play and threw a TD and Eiffert screwed up... plain and simple...

 

And even if that TD was good... they still aren't scoring near enough points to be successful in the NFL...

 

Zampese is just terrible at game planning and he's even worse at in-game adjustments...

McCarron is very similar. Only difference is i feel McCarron would be more of a leader, and mentally can handle the big moments better. Which imo would make a big difference.

 

 

I lay the Ravens loss mostly on Andy. Not this one. He wasn't great, but he did not turn it over and made some plays. In the first half , several times he just had no chance. Eifert goes bone head on him. Missing a wide open LaFell in the 2nd quarter was terrible. The offense has no rhythm and is very predictable.

 

They have to give AJ 15-20 attempts a game.

 

The Texans just went to Hopkins and that mostly was it. We left Pac Man one on one with hime an dhe beat him quite often. Watson looked no where else except his RB safety valve at times.

 

I do believe teh bengals are teh worst team in the league.

Yes. Having Zeitler this year wasn't going to help this line. Having Whit and Zeitler last year didn't help this line. While the line is not great. The coordinator hasn't helped much. Plays he calls are not getting people open, making Dalton hang on to it.

 

I honestly thought the line wasn't horrible tonight. They weren't great but considering the players they were going against they didn't do as bad as expected. Dalton missing throws sure doesn't help.

The line actually played much better than I anticipated. They have Dalton time to throw the ball tonight, run blocked well. Bottom line is I'll take that production any time against that defensive front from Houston.

I lay the Ravens loss mostly on Andy. Not this one. He wasn't great, but he did not turn it over and made some plays. In the first half , several times he just had no chance. Eifert goes bone head on him. Missing a wide open LaFell in the 2nd quarter was terrible. The offense has no rhythm and is very predictable.

 

They have to give AJ 15-20 attempts a game.

 

The Texans just went to Hopkins and that mostly was it. We left Pac Man one on one with hime an dhe beat him quite often. Watson looked no where else except his RB safety valve at times.

 

I do believe teh bengals are teh worst team in the league.

 

I think the line actually played better this week. They were not great, but was better. Dalton had two nice throws on the drive before half, and the throw to Eifert that should have been a td. However he also missed a lot of throws. A lot of throws a starting qb shouldn't miss. Even his bubble screen throws were bad. The third down slant to Lafell in the 4th that he threw at his feet was horrible. You can't miss passes like that when you are down 1 and close to mid field. The long pass to Lafell has to be complete and wasn't close. Both of those he had plenty of time. Shoot even the on deep throw over the middle to Eifert that Eifert made a great catch on wasn't a good pass. That was the same type of pass I referenced when people talked about one of the interceptions McCarron threw in the preseason that ended up picked. Except McCarron had a guy who didn't make the team that was trying to catch it. While Dalton has people like Green and Eifert who could make those great catches on bad throws. Shoot even the deep ball to Green wasn't a good pass. It was triple coverage, Green made a great catch.

 

Dalton on the last drive on third down rolls to his right and throws it out of bounds even though he was not about to be sacked. When if he waits a half second later, Green is wide open. He is simply not good in big moments.

 

I know it's not all him though because the scheme and play calling sucks. The concerns I have with Dalton is same ones I been saying.

I have to laugh at anyone that thinks this team will ever be good...it's like the Cowboys, owner interference will kill a team. Just accept 8-8, and an occasional 10-6 with first round playoff loss

Texans has beat the Bengals 8 out of the last 9.

It's going to be a long year for our favorite beer man @MJAlltheWay24 13k empty seats tonight and it's only going to be worse.

 

Last night was very solid for beer selling. I am thinking it is going to be a tough year though. Less and less people are going to come and its hard to blame them.

This playing all 3 RB's thing has to go. Feed Mixon, have Gio come in for him like he did Hill 2 years ago. Hill can come in at the goal line. Hill does not need to play between the 5's.

 

Being that they've both been home games, I haven't gotten to watch them but seeing that stats after, there is no way this team can be splitting carries three ways.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.