September 15, 20179 yr I can't believe I watched that game. While I was rooting for the Bengals because I despise the Texans, I am blown away how far they have fallen. I'm slowly starting to think Bengals are just gonna have to blow it all up and start over. That team isn't gonna threaten for a Super Bowl for a while. Trade your players, get draft picks, new front office, new head coach, everything. Can't fire the owner.
September 15, 20179 yr Did AJ Green get hurt? I don't remember seeing him in the second half after that first drive. I sense we are heading to a Corey Dillon/Carson Palmer moment with AJ. He is going to say I am out of here one way or another. He will be as classy as possible in the way he handles it, but he is going to get out of Cincinnati. The Marvin era is fast coming to an end. Terrible play on the field and no apparent hopes for success. Empty seats in the stadium. That is a big factor. Unless something very unexpected happens, the countdown is on to the end of Marvin.
September 15, 20179 yr Bengals lost to a rookie QB who had his first ever start tonight, on a short week and played an extremely limited amount of snaps with the 1s in preseason.
September 15, 20179 yr Bengals lost to a rookie QB who had his first ever start tonight, on a short week and played an extremely limited amount of snaps with the 1s in preseason. And it is all on the Bengals offense.
September 15, 20179 yr I can't believe I watched that game. While I was rooting for the Bengals because I despise the Texans, I am blown away how far they have fallen. I'm slowly starting to think Bengals are just gonna have to blow it all up and start over. That team isn't gonna threaten for a Super Bowl for a while. Trade your players, get draft picks, new front office, new head coach, everything. Hate to agree, but I'm pretty sure you are right...
September 15, 20179 yr Can't fire the owner. Nope. One of the great thing about my Jags. One of the best owners in the league. Til he goes away the Bengals will never be fully relevant.
September 15, 20179 yr I've gotten to the point that I root against them to avoid being disappointed, and delight in seeing them being about a bad as it gets. Also, they have a history of laying eggs in prime time, so why end that embarrassing comedy as their complete lousiness makes for great TV. Though not geographically close by, there's always 31 other teams to choose from to get behind. Mine changes yearly, and so far I haven't decided on one just yet, and no doubt he's about as good as it gets, but as long as Brady is playing, the .000 Patriots are not one of them.
September 15, 20179 yr Author Well glad to see in the post game that Marvin is not worried about Andy!
September 15, 20179 yr Last meaningful drive and we go to Alex Ericson basically every play. Before last Sunday everybody said Bengals got all these weapons on offense and his name was never mentioned. What happened to all those weapons?
September 15, 20179 yr Two plays I cannot get out of my head. Last week, Dalton throws the ball away on fourth down. Tonight on the last drive, on a critical third down play Dalton scrambles into open space and again chooses to go ahead and throw the ball away. Do something. Make a play happen. In those situations, force something to happen. If nothing else on the fourth down play, just lob it up and hope one of your receivers can fight his way to the ball. Those plays tell me Marvin has so embedded into Dalton's head "don't make a mistake" that he is not willing to take any risk or free lance to make a play. Who gives a crap if you throw an INT on a fourth down play? Take a chance and try to make something happen. I will add these first two games I have never seen Dalton so inaccurate. He missed on a half dozen throws tonight that were just terrible, terrible throws that even the lowest backup QB in the NFL would have thrown better. Simple passes in the flat were way off target. So bad it makes you wonder what the heck is going on.
September 15, 20179 yr This playing all 3 RB's thing has to go. Feed Mixon, have Gio come in for him like he did Hill 2 years ago. Hill can come in at the goal line. Hill does not need to play between the 5's.
September 15, 20179 yr Two plays I cannot get out of my head. Last week, Dalton throws the ball away on fourth down. Tonight on the last drive, on a critical third down play Dalton scrambles into open space and again chooses to go ahead and throw the ball away. Do something. Make a play happen. In those situations, force something to happen. If nothing else on the fourth down play, just lob it up and hope one of your receivers can fight his way to the ball. Those plays tell me Marvin has so embedded into Dalton's head "don't make a mistake" that he is not willing to take any risk or free lance to make a play. Who gives a crap if you throw an INT on a fourth down play? Take a chance and try to make something happen. I will add these first two games I have never seen Dalton so inaccurate. He missed on a half dozen throws tonight that were just terrible, terrible throws that even the lowest backup QB in the NFL would have thrown better. Simple passes in the flat were way off target. So bad it makes you wonder what the heck is going on. Nobody was chasing Dalton out of bounds on the 3rd down tonight. If he had waited another second AJ was wide open downfield.
September 15, 20179 yr Bengals lost to a rookie QB who had his first ever start tonight, on a short week and played an extremely limited amount of snaps with the 1s in preseason. The Bengals lost because their offense is terrible. Outside of 1 run, the rookie quarterback didn't do anything but not turn the ball over. We drop a pick 6 against him and he had under 100 yards passing. Take 50 from his one run, and the Texans had about 130 total yards. Bengals defense played great. Both offenses were horrible and the Bengals were worse.
September 15, 20179 yr And when Dalton actually made a nice run out and throw for a TD... Eiffert steps out of freaking bounds... I mean, we can't make this stuff up, lol
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.