Texans 13 Bengals 9

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course there are going to be more misses than hits, but they haven't had a decent draft since 2012.

Cincinnati Bengals draft history - Wikipedia

The only draft that I agree seems to be a complete miss is the 2015 draft. With these young tackles not looking great so far. There really isn't anyone who even contributes much besides Josh Shaw. The other drafts did have 3 or 4 guys who are contributors. That 2015 draft is what hurts the most right now.

Am I the only one wondering what Marvin sees in PacMan? I'm no expert but for me he is way more a liability (on and off the field) than not. Also quick stat, our Bungles are the first team since the 1939 Eagles to not score a TD in their first two home gsmes

2 years ago Pacman rated as a top 10 corner in the NFL. He didn't do as well last year. As for last night I thought he did good. One on one on an island most of the night and besides one drive he did well. Even the passes Hopkins caught was tight coverage and involved having to give a little push off to create seperation.

2 years ago Pacman rated as a top 10 corner in the NFL. He didn't do as well last year. As for last night I thought he did good. One on one on an island most of the night and besides one drive he did well. Even the passes Hopkins caught was tight coverage and involved having to give a little push off to create seperation.
The entire defense I thought played very well. Vigil had a great game, Pac Man played well, Geno is still the best interior lineman in the NFL. It's a shame we are wasting this defensive performance so far this year.

The entire defense I thought played very well. Vigil had a great game, Pac Man played well, Geno is still the best interior lineman in the NFL. It's a shame we are wasting this defensive performance so far this year.

Agreed! I really like what I seen from the defense the first two games. They look younger and faster on defense this year. They need to eliminate the one big play they have given up in both games. Other than that they have played well. Especially since the offensive does nothing to help.

Its a shame because the Bengals played very good in 2 of the 3 phases in a football game. Defense and special teams had really good games. The offensive had great field position basically all game long and did nothing with it!

Well if this year goes like the year has started out. I'm sure we will hear blow the whole thing up. As bad as the team looks, more specifically as bad as the offense looks. The team doesn't need blown up in terms of players. The team needs blown up in the coaching staff. Everyone especially on the offensive side of the ball. I think a new good coach could turn this around as soon as next year. Especially when the whole focus would be on the oline.

So AJ was on the field. Thanks. I honestly was not sure. He completely disappeared most of the second half.

That is my point on Dalton giving up on the play. If nothing else run the ball to pick up a couple yards, maybe even the first down.

Texans can REPEATEDLY throw the ball to green he ONE wide receiver they have but we can't throw it to AJ?????????

I know a lot has been said about our young tackles. However I feel like they are improving somewhat. I feel like the biggest problem from our line once again goes back to our horrible center. I also believe Boling needs a lot more blame, somehow he always gets left out of the blame. IMO he has never been that good in protection or run blocking. If we had a better center especially, I think all things would look bad.

The young tackles are just the easy excuse and a cover up for a bigger problem. Which is our line coach is past his prime IMO, and has not changed with the times. He has not been good at developing lineman now in today's football. His evaluation of lineman also seems to be lacking. Our lines were horrible with Eric Guicheck, yet he kept using him. It wasn't until he was gone and replace with Kyle Cook when the line was good again. Yet he continues to stick with Bodine. Dalton is athletic enough to step up and move around if it was only pressure from the outside. However teams know if they get a good push up the middle. Dalton since he is not the tallest guy, struggles with pressure up the middle. The Interior line is a problem, and was a problem last year when Zeitler here too. Which all goes back to our horrible center play.

GREAT point which all real Bengal fanss know, go back and watch some plays from Ravens and see how many times Bodine gets shoved back from line of scrimmage 4-5 yards!!! He's HORRIBLE!!