Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texans 13 Bengals 9

Featured Replies

We could always hope for a heart attack

 

That's not happening. He doesn't get stressed out over the team or losses.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course there are going to be more misses than hits, but they haven't had a decent draft since 2012.

 

Cincinnati Bengals draft history - Wikipedia

 

The only draft that I agree seems to be a complete miss is the 2015 draft. With these young tackles not looking great so far. There really isn't anyone who even contributes much besides Josh Shaw. The other drafts did have 3 or 4 guys who are contributors. That 2015 draft is what hurts the most right now.

Am I the only one wondering what Marvin sees in PacMan? I'm no expert but for me he is way more a liability (on and off the field) than not. Also quick stat, our Bungles are the first team since the 1939 Eagles to not score a TD in their first two home gsmes

 

2 years ago Pacman rated as a top 10 corner in the NFL. He didn't do as well last year. As for last night I thought he did good. One on one on an island most of the night and besides one drive he did well. Even the passes Hopkins caught was tight coverage and involved having to give a little push off to create seperation.

2 years ago Pacman rated as a top 10 corner in the NFL. He didn't do as well last year. As for last night I thought he did good. One on one on an island most of the night and besides one drive he did well. Even the passes Hopkins caught was tight coverage and involved having to give a little push off to create seperation.
The entire defense I thought played very well. Vigil had a great game, Pac Man played well, Geno is still the best interior lineman in the NFL. It's a shame we are wasting this defensive performance so far this year.
The entire defense I thought played very well. Vigil had a great game, Pac Man played well, Geno is still the best interior lineman in the NFL. It's a shame we are wasting this defensive performance so far this year.

 

Agreed! I really like what I seen from the defense the first two games. They look younger and faster on defense this year. They need to eliminate the one big play they have given up in both games. Other than that they have played well. Especially since the offensive does nothing to help.

 

Its a shame because the Bengals played very good in 2 of the 3 phases in a football game. Defense and special teams had really good games. The offensive had great field position basically all game long and did nothing with it!

Well if this year goes like the year has started out. I'm sure we will hear blow the whole thing up. As bad as the team looks, more specifically as bad as the offense looks. The team doesn't need blown up in terms of players. The team needs blown up in the coaching staff. Everyone especially on the offensive side of the ball. I think a new good coach could turn this around as soon as next year. Especially when the whole focus would be on the oline.

Zampese expected to get fired!

 

Per Ian Rapoport

A few extra days of prep if you decide to fire Zampese. The Bengals offense clearly has no clue and no perceivable strategy to it. Zampese needs to go but the question is who becomes the offense of coordinator if he leaves.

  • Author
So AJ was on the field. Thanks. I honestly was not sure. He completely disappeared most of the second half.

 

That is my point on Dalton giving up on the play. If nothing else run the ball to pick up a couple yards, maybe even the first down.

 

Texans can REPEATEDLY throw the ball to green he ONE wide receiver they have but we can't throw it to AJ?????????

Anyone check flight tracker to see if Gruden had made it to Cincy? I hear he was buying a horse farm in Grant County along with a Skyline in Norwood.

  • Author
I know a lot has been said about our young tackles. However I feel like they are improving somewhat. I feel like the biggest problem from our line once again goes back to our horrible center. I also believe Boling needs a lot more blame, somehow he always gets left out of the blame. IMO he has never been that good in protection or run blocking. If we had a better center especially, I think all things would look bad.

 

The young tackles are just the easy excuse and a cover up for a bigger problem. Which is our line coach is past his prime IMO, and has not changed with the times. He has not been good at developing lineman now in today's football. His evaluation of lineman also seems to be lacking. Our lines were horrible with Eric Guicheck, yet he kept using him. It wasn't until he was gone and replace with Kyle Cook when the line was good again. Yet he continues to stick with Bodine. Dalton is athletic enough to step up and move around if it was only pressure from the outside. However teams know if they get a good push up the middle. Dalton since he is not the tallest guy, struggles with pressure up the middle. The Interior line is a problem, and was a problem last year when Zeitler here too. Which all goes back to our horrible center play.

 

GREAT point which all real Bengal fanss know, go back and watch some plays from Ravens and see how many times Bodine gets shoved back from line of scrimmage 4-5 yards!!! He's HORRIBLE!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.