Region 1 Rankings Week #7 (Post Your Polls Here)

DragonFire

It wasn't a pitty vote, it was a lack of options vote. And yes, I think Apollo and Graves would at least score on BG. WE has beaten no one all year. I don't think Apollo is as good as their record but at least they have beaten a few decent teams. Same with Graves. Warren East in my mind is nothing more then a pretender. They beat up on very weak competition then got blasted by the first good team they faced.
I don't know that Apollo has played that much better of a schedule.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I misspoke a bit. Apollo's schedule is definitely tougher, but it hasn't been all that tough either.

John Hardin is decent, but nothing like last year. Owensboro Catholic was shorthanded and really struggling when they played Apollo. Madisonville, other than the win over Fort Campbell, hasn't shown much.

Hopkins Central, Daviess County and Grayson County simply aren't very good teams. And Apollo didn't exactly blow away the first two.

I misspoke a bit. Apollo's schedule is definitely tougher, but it hasn't been all that tough either.

John Hardin is decent, but nothing like last year. Owensboro Catholic was shorthanded and really struggling when they played Apollo. Madisonville, other than the win over Fort Campbell, hasn't shown much.

Hopkins Central, Daviess County and Grayson County simply aren't very good teams. And Apollo didn't exactly blow away the first two.

We are on the same page. Neither shedule has been that tough. We will see how good Apollo is these last few weeks. They have gone 6-0 thus far but they could very easily go 1-3 the last 4 weeks of the season.

We are on the same page. Neither shedule has been that tough. We will see how good Apollo is these last few weeks. They have gone 6-0 thus far but they could very easily go 1-3 the last 4 weeks of the season.

I'm all but certain they're going to go 1-3. And they'll be a first round casualty to whichever of Henderson and Owensboro they play.

Notes:

-Both #1 choices were unanimous this week, which I believe is the first time this year that that has happened.

-The race for #2 has tightened considerably in the Big School poll. 2-6 are separated by 11 points, and when you factor in they're all 4A, you've got one interesting 4A Region 1 race going on right now. Too bad they're all playing patsies this week....

-The only school from the Big School top 10 to not be unanimous was oddly enough #9 Apollo. #10 Warren East was in every poll while Paducah and Franklin took turns in Apollo's spot in two polls.

-Caldwell County has done the most climbing of any team in our polls. They began the season at #9 and have now climbed all the way to #2 following their victory over Fort Campbell last week.

-Lone Oak is in the top 10 despite losing to Webster County last week, the team that is the last one out of the Top 10.

If this poll is right, Henderson would finish 4th in the other district.

I happen to think they would finish 3rd, but that's just me. You didn't post a poll, but I believe you'd have them at #2 behind Christian, yes?

I remember similar indignation last year about Henderson's rating in these polls. As I recall, turned out we didn't have Henderson low enough.

I remember similar indignation last year about Henderson's rating in these polls. As I recall, turned out we didn't have Henderson low enough.
True.

I think Henderson could finish anywhere from 2-4 in the district, and could even win the thing.

I had them 2nd in the region at the end of last year & 3rd overall. The final poll had Henderson ranked about where I had them (4th overall). Not sure if a 5 point lose proves Henderson was not as good as the others in that district. What about that 29 point Marshall lose??? Christian beat WC the next week. Christian was the worst matchup for Henderson of the three teams because Tandy could scramble enough to beat our weak secondary.

While I had Christian rated way way lower than they should have been, I never thought Henderson was going to win big. Here is what I said:

"Christian has beat Hoptown and came close to WC and HC. They lost to Graves and Marshall(big). So given what Wood has said, I guess the key to the game is beating their o-line and containing Tandy. What did you think about WC's D-line? Usually, Marshall and Graves are stronger upfront, and Henderson is smaller this year, so we may not matchup with them in the way Graves and Marshall did."

I had them 2nd in the region at the end of last year & 3rd overall. The final poll had Henderson ranked about where I had them (4th overall). Not sure if a 5 point lose proves Henderson was not as good as the others in that district. What about that 29 point Marshall lose??? Christian beat WC the next week.
Actually, Christian didn't beat Warren Central. The Dragons won both meetings.

High school football is unpredictable. Marshall annhilated Christian last year and lost to Warren Central on a last-second field goal, then laid an egg against Apollo in the playoffs.

Bottom line, though ... Henderson lost to a 4 seed, which is a good indicator that the Colonels weren't as good as a lot of people thought.

I'm speaking of posts like these:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=1315645#post1315645

-You'll note how very similar this looks. (4th in the district, 4th in the region....)

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=1314688#post1314688

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=1351257#post1351257

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=1351217#post1351217

Bottom line, Henderson lost to the #4 seed in the district. Christian County may have played Central well twice and Graves once, but the bottom line there is that they were 2-4 overall against 1st district teams, and the two wins were Greenwood and Barren County. They went 0-4 against the District 1 playoff teams, but were 2-0 against the District 2 playoff teams.