How good is Covington Catholic?

theguru

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and touch on what my BG friend is talking about. There's speed, and then there's SPEED.

A couple of key guys at the right spots win championships for teams that are generally considered fundamentally sound.

Other teams are intensely athletic and have speed all over the field, in most every position. Speed kills and demoralizes. Disciplined speed demolishes.

CovCath will play one game at a time and only one game at a time. Kings is up next and it will be another test. All you posters can say what you want, but CovCath will play one game at a time and only one game at a time.

You all worry, write, project all you want, the kids and the Coaches will just play the next game.

CovCath will play one game at a time and only one game at a time. Kings is up next and it will be another test. All you posters can say what you want, but CovCath will play one game at a time and only one game at a time.

You all worry, write, project all you want, the kids and the Coaches will just play the next game.

Get em TOG. It is coachspeak, but so true that it is one game at a time.

They are really good! I don't see a team in N.Ky coming close to them. They destroyed Cooper for beginning to end. Even w/ CCH JV team in & Jags left starters in, they still shutout Cooper. There is definitely a high quality of coaching @ CCH & they will go far this yr.

Honestly I think we have already found out. Cov Cath is for real. They were good last year, this year they are more improved. Personally I believe they are the best team in NKY as well as Class 5A. Where they rank in the state remains to be seen but at the moment it would be hard to imagine more than half a handful of better teams.

I agree, last year they gave Ryle one of the best games of the season. i would love to see SK play them, it's a shame that won't happen. I think the CovCath would knock them down to size.

I agree, last year they gave Ryle one of the best games of the season. i would love to see SK play them, it's a shame that won't happen. I think the CovCath would knock them down to size.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Ryle drilled CCH last year. 31-13 or so.

Way too early to crown anyone. Good ball club. Needs to stay healthy.