How good is Covington Catholic?

theguru

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Eviston. 3rd year

While Coach Eviston has done a great job, I think he would not want anyone to think he did this all by himself. Below are his Assistant Coaches

Terry Brown, Ben Patenaude, Ashley Moser, Tyler Gross, Sam Beiting, Lee Teegarden, Lynn Ray, Bryson Warner, Zeke Pike, Shahram Shafii, Ryan Studer, Dan Ryan, Joey Ledonne and Mark Reisinger.

Bob Rowe Principal and Tony Bacigalupo Athletic Director

Al these gentlemen have done a outstanding job.

I think just as important as the coaching is the nice run of talent CovCath is having. This years seniors down to sophomores all had strong frosh teams. It seem like in the past there would always be at least 1 class in the 3 upper classes that just wasn't that strong athletically. It can be tough to bridge that class if there isn't D-1 talent to help fill the void somewhere in the upper classes.

Maybe this isn't the right spot to mention this and they really might not like that I am posting this but a huge thank you to the CovCath Basketball Teams in volunteering to clean up Griffin Stadium after each home Varsity Football game. No they are not getting paid, they just wanted to support their School, Classmates and Friends on the CovCath Football Team and since they are already there, they clean up after the game. Well except this Friday night when they waited until Saturday morning, prior to the JV game to clean up. Volunteer they do but crazy they are not! :thumb:

I think just as important as the coaching is the nice run of talent CovCath is having. This years seniors down to sophomores all had strong frosh teams. It seem like in the past there would always be at least 1 class in the 3 upper classes that just wasn't that strong athletically. It can be tough to bridge that class if there isn't D-1 talent to help fill the void somewhere in the upper classes.

Agreed-I said last year it was the 1st time in a decade they had 4 strong classes with Ziggy, Shelton etc in last year's class.

Maybe. They gave up a 70 yard run and catch to a guy that runs a 4.7 40 week 1 and no one was close to catching him. They haven't really played anyone with a ton of speed. They may blow out their next two opponents and change my mind.

Also, you guys need to relax. I said they're the second best team in 5A and don't have a ton of team speed. They got run out of the playoffs last year by a team they couldn't keep up with athletically. It's a long season and we'll see what happens.

Chisholm is faster than a 4.7. Trust me.