How good is Covington Catholic?

theguru

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be cautiously optimistic. Although they have not been challenged this year, one could say NKY football in general might not be very good this year and CovCath has fallen into a good talent pool during this time. It's still early and LexCath and/or Lafayette could of had off nights. Who knows? What is promising is Coach Eviston appears to have this team believing in themselves and momentum is everything. Good luck the rest of the way.

I would be cautiously optimistic. Although they have not been challenged this year, one could say NKY football in general might not be very good this year and CovCath has fallen into a good talent pool during this time. It's still early and LexCath and/or Lafayette could of had off nights. Who knows? What is promising is Coach Eviston appears to have this team believing in themselves and momentum is everything. Good luck the rest of the way.

I'll be cautiously optimistic, that's easy for me since I'm an Ashland fan. But truth be told, the Colonels are literally tearing the field up this season on both sides of the ball. Even if everyone they have played thus far is no good, which isn't the case at all, then Cov Cath still has a great team. As it appears at the moment, they are one of the best teams in the state and one of the best Cov Cath team's I've ever witnessed.

They have a legit D-I QB - that's a great place to start on offense.

They have a D-I linebacker - that's a great place to start on defense.

They are very good up front on both sides of the ball.

They can run and pass - and defend the run and pass.

They are legitimate state championship favorites.

If they didn't have "Cov Cath" on their uniforms there wouldn't be so many questions. The fact base is pretty clear, but people don't seem to want to believe.