How good is Covington Catholic?

theguru

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we find out next game they play Kings.

Honestly I think we have already found out. Cov Cath is for real. They were good last year, this year they are more improved. Personally I believe they are the best team in NKY as well as Class 5A. Where they rank in the state remains to be seen but at the moment it would be hard to imagine more than half a handful of better teams.

Cov Cath is still slow and lacks dynamic athletes on offense. They have a great QB. They won't beat BG, but are a Top 5-7 team in the state.

calpreps.com project a matchup

Covington Catholic 42 Bowling Green 20

And that doesn't factor in tonight's scores which will help Covington Catholic's rating even more.

I punched in the top teams in the state and Trinity is the only one projected to beat Covington Catholic. CCH wins over Male, St. X, Scott County, BG ... is there anyone else in the state that might be better?

calpreps.com project a matchup

Covington Catholic 42 Bowling Green 20

And that doesn't factor in tonight's scores which will help Covington Catholic's rating even more.

So why play the rest of the season then? Seems like Cal Preps already has everything decided for us.

My eyes when I watch them play. You guys don't have to agree. We'll see where they wind up in the end. I just don't feel like they've beaten any good teams yet.

You might want to see an eye doctor if you think they are "slow". Do they have any burners? No, but I wouldn't call them overall slow as a team. They also spanked Lex Cath who just shutout Lafayette.

Is the defense slow as well?

Maybe. They gave up a 70 yard run and catch to a guy that runs a 4.7 40 week 1 and no one was close to catching him. They haven't really played anyone with a ton of speed. They may blow out their next two opponents and change my mind.

Also, you guys need to relax. I said they're the second best team in 5A and don't have a ton of team speed. They got run out of the playoffs last year by a team they couldn't keep up with athletically. It's a long season and we'll see what happens.

Honestly I think we have already found out. Cov Cath is for real. They were good last year, this year they are more improved. Personally I believe they are the best team in NKY as well as Class 5A. Where they rank in the state remains to be seen but at the moment it would be hard to imagine more than half a handful of better teams.

Totally agree. Great point.