Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your Chili Recipe?

Featured Replies

Add chipotle powder instead of chili powder for a hotter, smoky flavor.. Half chili, half chipotle powder if you like it not quite as hot..

  • Replies 53
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever recipe you decide to use, do yourself a big favor. Add beer, not water. Beer is THE main ingredient. And above all, don't use light beer. You're welcome. :thumb:

 

Oliver.jpg

 

Lot of ground beef seasoned in skillet with chili powder. Brooks chili hot beans, Rotels chili fixins, tomato sauce, a little water, brooks chili seasoning (getting hard to find). I make it thick, not super hot but a kick, serve in big bowls plenty of saltines, and top with sharp cheddar and jalapeños

Made this last night, reminded me of homemade BBQ (manwitch) that my mom use to make. So it would be better on a bun then in a bowl.

 

Noooooo! You must be doing something wrong!

Whatever recipe you decide to use, do yourself a big favor. Add beer, not water. Beer is THE main ingredient. And above all, don't use light beer. You're welcome. :thumb:

 

Yeah, I'm with that. I generally put at least a whole can of Bud (minus a drink or two) in with mine. I simmer it 10 hours if I can help it.

Yeah, I'm with that. I generally put at least a whole can of Bud (minus a drink or two) in with mine. I simmer it 10 hours if I can help it.

 

Listen to Jim, @plantmanky! From what I hear, Jim Schue is a heck of a cook!

Tried beer last batch and loved it. Brooks is a definite for me. And if you want hot, crying hot, just add Dave's Insanity Sauce. Made a batch one time. Stopped after 3 bites. My wife, who likes hot, said it was too much.

Does anyone have a good cornbread recipe? Making chili/cornbread for guests for New Years, and I want to do something a little more fun than the typical Jiffy mix.

Does anyone have a good cornbread recipe? Making chili/cornbread for guests for New Years, and I want to do something a little more fun than the typical Jiffy mix.

 

deSha's Corn Bread Recipe - deSha's

Hey Pops, make sure you tell the Boss I used her beans last time and loved them. And, I thinking I am making a run today for ingredients for New Year's Chili.

Chili may be on my NYE menu. I'm with the guru when it comes to my chili... I like it HOTT!!!

We're having chili tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.